Thursday, September 23, 2010

2-month check-up

I won't be updating everyday. Just wanted to update about Kylie's appointment today and a couple of other things!

Kylie turned 2 months old on Tuesday, and today was her 2-month check-up. She weighed 9 pounds, 12 ounces and is 22 1/2 inches long. She is definitely on the low end of percentile for her age. She got 2 shots (4 vaccinations) and 1 oral vaccination. She screamed for a few seconds but calmed down as soon as I picked her up. What a champ!

I gave her a dinosaur sticker from the doctor's office for being so great!

Kylie has been super fussy the past few weeks. Last night, she screamed non-stop for about 45 minutes. This has happened several times over the past few weeks, and I just feel so helpless. We're not sure if the hernia (well, at least I am pretty sure that's what it is...what else could cause a golf ball sized bulge in her groin?!) is causing her pain or if she's maybe colicky. Her pediatrician suggested we try an ounce of chamomile tea if she is inconsolable. Or maybe going for a car ride. She has, however, been going through a I-hate-my-carseat phase the past couple of weeks so we may try the tea if it happens again.

Being a mom is definitely much more hard work than I could have ever imagined. I've babysat babies and children ages 6 weeks to 10+ years old and while the experience definitely helped me, it certainly didn't fully prepare me for all the frustration and demand that comes with being a new mom. BUT I would not change any of this for the world. I love Kylie more than I could ever put into words. I have been beyond blessed with a wonderful little girl, and I am so proud to call her my daughter.

1 comment:

  1. Addison used to be extremely fussy every evening for the first few months of her life. In fact, it's kind of sad because Nathan only saw her in the evenings when she was crying and now all he can talk about is waiting for Weston to turn 6 months old. But I can understand because they don't do much and she was only crying most of the time. Hope that Kylie's fussy time passes very quickly!

    ReplyDelete