Monday, May 16, 2011

Learning New Things

First off, last night was definitely one of Kylie's "better" nights. She only woke up 4 times. Still trying to figure out how to get to sleep better, though.

Anyway, the point of this post is to share the new things Kylie has learned to do/is doing (the ones I can remember right now).
-When she is playing with her cell phone (an old one of my sister's) or gets a hold of mine or my sister's, she puts it up to her ear. It's so funny. Pretty soon I am sure she is going to start "talking" to it, too.
-She has fallen in love with a book I bought her a few months ago. It's a cardboard book called "First 100 Words." It's big and very colorful and has a bunch of pictures of different nouns. She pulled it out of her toybox by herself the other day and sat down with it on the floor.
-She has learned how to turn pages of cardboard books. She looks at one page for a little while, turns to the next page, and spends time looking at that page before turning the page again.
-She has started "kissing." If I say, "Give me a kiss," she will lean into me with her mouth wide open and "kiss" me on the lips. Sometimes she even grabs my neck. Oh, it's so cute.
-We had a playdate yesterday with a little girl just a little over a month younger than Kylie. Kylie was pretty interactive with her. She seemed very interested in staring and smiling at her, sharing her toys with her, etc.
-I have added some things to Kylie's diet. I gave her apricots for the first time yesterday, and she gagged. Haha. It was the first time she has ever done that when trying a new food. I have also added blueberries, zucchini, lasagna and spaghetti from baby food jars, beef, turkey, corn, and mashed potatoes (I gave her some on 2 different days before and she didn't seem to like them but I gave them to her again yesterday and she couldn't get enough). There may be some more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
-She has started shaking her head back and forth to amuse herself. I know I said on Facebook that she had started shaking her head when I said "no" but I can't remember if I shared that here. She doesn't do that so much anymore but sometimes I will ask her questions like "Will you give me a kiss?" or try to give her some food, and she will shake her head. But she also does it almost like she is amusing herself. She will stand up next to the coffee table or whatever and start shaking her head. Then, if we start doing it with her, she will keep doing it and laugh. She gets such a kick out of it.
-Sometimes when I take something away from her or say "no," she says "na-na." It's almost like she is trying to say "no."
-Several times I have thought she tried saying "Daisy." Chris thought he heard her say it one day in California (without me telling him I'd thought I heard her say it, too). And then a few weeks ago, my best friend thought she heard Kylie say it, and I hadn't told her Chris and I thought we'd heard her say it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment