Tuesday, February 21, 2012

19 months old!

My sweet girl turned 19 months old today! It seems so weird to me that I'm going to have a TWO-year-old in a few months. She weighs 24.2 pounds and is 32" tall.


*She loves to put on clothes, even if she is already dressed. Every time she finds some clothes lying around, she puts them on. She can actually put a shirt on the correct way by herself. Still working on putting pants on correctly.
*She has added mine, sock, bottle (totally says this entire word correctly), cookie (cook cook), and pez (pez candy...peh) to her vocabulary...so on a regular basis, she says mama, duck, bye, bottle, cookie, block (bock), Paw Paw, Mimi (meh meh), fish (fsh), shoe (sh), ball (baw), bath (baa), dog (daw), mine, and sock. She is behind in talking. At her 18 month check-up, her pediatrician said that she should be saying 2 words together now but she doesn't. He said it's really common in first born children and children who don't go to daycare because they don't have an older sibling to mock and because they can just point to whatever they want, and Mom will get it for them.
*She sticks out her tongue and says "ah ah ah" (because the song If All The Raindrops says that) OR says "bah" if she wants to listen to Barney on YouTube.
*She loves Skype-ing with her daddy and knows to open the laptop when I say "Want to Skype with Daddy?"
*She is still allergic to dairy. I really hope she grows out of this!
*She started daycare a couple of weeks ago and is doing pretty well. It has kind of been a roller coaster. She does really great some days and not so great other days. But she has had more good days than bad days so that's a plus! She really likes to attach herself to an adult so when that adult isn't there or is in another part of the daycare, she gets upset because she doesn't warm up to people as soon as she meets them. She loves playing with the other kids but just likes to see a familiar adult face in the room when she's playing. So hopefully she will continue to get to know the daycare workers and continue to like going!
*She naps once a day, for about 2 hours. I think Chris' mom told me recently that all 3 of her kids stopped napping around a year and a half old, and I hated taking naps so I won't be surprised if Kylie stops taking naps soon...but I pray she continues to nap everyday!
*She loves watching videos and looking at pictures, especially of herself. This isn't new but I have forgotten to mention it before.


I'm sure there is more but that's what I can think of now!



No comments:

Post a Comment