Saturday, April 21, 2012

21 months old!

Kylie-bug turned 21 months old today! 21 months on the 21st. She still weighs 24.4 pounds and is about 32.5 inches tall. She wears mostly 24 months and 2T clothes and some 18 months bottoms. She wears a size 5 shoe.


We went to a birthday party today to celebrate Katie Belle's 1st birthday today. Kylie had a lot of fun! A few minutes after we got to the party, Kylie just randomly hit a little boy in the face. I have never seen her do something like that, and I was completely caught off guard. I popped her leg and then picked her up to talk to her. I told her that hitting people wasn't nice (my mom never spanked us and thinks it's a double standard that I spank her for hitting people but anyways...). I made her tell the little boy sorry ("I sowwy") and then she played nicely the rest of the party but definitely didn't want to sit still at all so we got a lot of exercise today.


We have been swimming a lot lately. Kylie loves throwing her duck float in the pool, and then telling me "duck"so I'll put her in the float. She loves to swim in the pool. And speaking of throwing things into the pool, she loves throwing EVERYTHING into the pool...especially things that don't even belong in the pool. The pool net has been my best friend the last couple of weeks.


Kylie's vocabulary is ever-expanding. Currently, her favorite phrase is "no mommy!" Sometimes she combines the words and says "nommy!" She is just talking so much, and she amazes me how much she has learned the last several weeks.


She is IN LOVE with shoes. She always wants to have on at least one shoe. She actually usually puts her shoes on the correct feet. It really just may be a coincidence. I mean, she has a 50% chance of getting it right anyway, haha. And she doesn't always get the correct foot but more times than not, she does. And even when she grabs two different shoes to put on, she almost always grabs one right shoe and one left shoe.


She is quite the climber. She has a booster chair attached to the seat of a regular chair, and she has started climbing in it to reach things on the counter. She also enjoys climbing on her Little Tikes table and standing up to look out the window to the front yard.


She has taken more of an interest in drawing and coloring. She sits for longer periods of time to color in her coloring books and really enjoys drawing on blank paper or her magnetic doodle pad.


She pretends everything that remotely resembles a phone to be a phone. My iPod, the faucet to her kitchen, the TV remote, etc.


One of her favorite toys to play with is a teapot and cups she has. She just loves sitting down and pretending to pour something into the cup and then giving it to me to "drink." And then she likes for me to pretend to pour something into the cup so she can "drink" it.


My mom got her a little plastic adirondack chair for Easter, and she sits in it all the time. It's so cute. She really enjoys sitting in it outside by the pool.


And here is a picture of my little sweetie!




1 comment: