Thursday, April 12, 2012

It has been a while!

Or has it? Probably not but it sure feels like I haven't been blogging much lately. So much has happened!


My grandpa (my mom's dad) passed away on March 24. He was 84. He had a stroke several weeks before he died that left him incontinent and confined to a wheelchair, and he moved into a nursing home. One day the nurses called 911 because he wasn't very responsive, and he turned out to have a really bad bladder infection and some cardiac problems. He just got worse over several days and then passed away. So I only have 1 grandparent left :( So maybe it's a good thing I had Kylie at age 22...hopefully she has her grandparents for a long, long time! She actually has 4 grandparents, 3 great-grandparents, and 1 great-great-grandparent. I'm so thankful!


Chris moved back to Thomasville a few weeks ago. He is officially out of the military. He has been spending so much time with Kylie, and she is just loving it.


Kylie is growing up SO FAST! She is talking so much now. She can say probably close to 40 words. She has started calling me "mommy" instead of "mama." I am almost positive she picked that up from day care. I have always called myself "mama," and she has always called me "mama" since she learned how to say it but I think the kids at day care yell "mommyyyyyy!!!" when their moms pick them up so I think that's where she got it. It's so cute, though.


She has been saying "Bobby" the past couple of days. I'm not sure if there is someone at day care named Bobby or if she is saying something else. She says it plain as day and says it all day long so I hope to get to the bottom of it soon.


She loves day care so much. She has gotten sick several times (ear infections and bronchitis) so she has had to miss a lot of days but I have no problem taking her back after she has missed several days in a row. She gets so excited when she sees that we're pulling up to the day care.


I absolutely love my job. I love my boss; she is seriously the best boss I've ever had. She tells me every single day how much she appreciates all that I do and how thankful she is that she found me to hire. I manage the church office, and sometimes it's a little overwhelming but it's so much fun. Kylie starts the half-day 2-year-old program there in August so I'm really excited about that!


And speaking of 2-year-olds...I am about to have a 2-year-old! I just cannot believe it. I have been juggling ideas around for her birthday party. Today I made a list of people I plan to invite so I could have an idea of how big of a venue I need. I just can't get over how fast this 2nd year has gone by.


I got one of my wisdom teeth pulled this past Monday. I was born with only 2...weird, huh? Chris was born with none...even weirder. Anyway, it was almost all the way through my gum so it was very non-invasive. It was giving me so much trouble so I called the dentist at 8:00 am Monday, and I got it removed at 10:00 am! It literally took my dentist about 30 seconds to pull it. The only pain I've had from the "surgery" is from all the dang anesthesia shots he gave me.


Speaking of teeth, Kylie has 14 teeth now! She is only lacking the 2 molars in the very back on the bottom, the 2 molars in the very back on the top, and her 2 canine teeth on the top. I'll be glad when she is finished cutting teeth!


I tried to switch her to a toddler bed last night, and she just wasn't having it. Her crib transitions to a toddler bed and then a full-size bed so we just took the front piece off to turn it into the toddler bed. When I first put her to bed, about a minute later I heard her knocking on the door so I went in, put her back to bed, and sat on the floor beside the bed. A couple of minutes later, she sat up and said "all done!" and walked back over to the door. I asked her if she wanted her old bed back, and she nodded violently. So we put the front piece back on, and I'll wait a while to try again.


She still takes a bottle before bed. My plan was to have her off of bottles by her 1st birthday...well, that obviously didn't happen. So my next goal is to take them away by her 2nd birthday. It's really just a comfort thing because she doesn't suck her thumb or take a pacifier and never really has (she did take a pacifier for about 2 1/2 months but then gave it up on her own).


Well, it's getting late but hopefully I've brought everyone up to speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment