*She knows all of the colors! She has been on a kick lately where she wants to tell us the color of EVERYTHING.
*She knows how to say her whole name ("Ky-yee Massix Dupees" a.k.a. Kylie Maddox Dupriest) and with a little help, she knows Chris' and my full names ("Lekis Rae Dupees" a.k.a. Alexa Rae Dupriest and "David Chrissopher Dupees" a.k.a. David Christopher Dupriest). She also knows mine and Chris' ages, 25 and 26. But sometimes when I ask her how old one of us is, she says "old!" Of course, she knows she is 2 years old, too.
*She can count to 10. Sometimes she does it perfectly but sometimes she skips 4 and 5. It's only ever those 2 numbers so I'm not sure why she doesn't like them ;)
*She loves playing pretend. She pretends she is going to work (with purse, phone, grocery cart, baby, and other random toys) or that she is going to the store or that she's at school and is talking to her friends or that she's a mommy to her baby dolls.
*She has now learned how to open doors by turning a round doorknob. Time to buy some childproof knob covers!
*She was on this Yo Gabba Gabba kick for a while but we haven't watched it in a couple weeks so maybe she's over that. She really doesn't watch TV. Usually just when she wakes up first thing in the morning, she watches Curious George and then when we get home from school/work, she watches Word World and sometimes Barney.
*She loves dressing up, even if it's just in her own clothes. She loves shoes and dresses and fixing her hair. She also loves fixing my hair ;) She is also really into make-up. I think she got this from my sister because she sees Summer putting on make-up I swear every time we go to my mom's house. I don't wear a lot of make-up and when I'm just around the house, I usually don't put any on. Kylie still tells me "You pity, Mommy," which totally melts my heart but anyways...she really likes wearing make-up!
*She talks to Baby G a lot, usually by way of my belly button. She apparently thinks it's some sort of portal to him because she also tries to share her snacks through my belly button. We've been talking to her a lot trying to prepare her for his arrival. About how pretty soon he will be out here with us, we'll have to change his diapers and feed him, we've got to move her toys to another room so we can make her playroom into his room, etc. I know she doesn't really "get it" and probably won't until he comes but we are trying to prepare her the best we know how! I try to get her to feel him kick but she never keeps her hand on my tummy long enough.
*She is very good about saying "please" and "thank you." She is getting better about saying "yes ma'am" and "no ma'am" but I usually have to prompt her.
*Her toes are starting to bother me again. I guess I go through phases of it bothering me because after being so worried about it for months when she was first born, I accepted it and didn't care anymore. Then I'd worry and then not care. Well, now I'm back to worrying. She's only 2 so I know other kids won't notice it anytime soon. But I just worry about what will happen when they will. Flip flops and other open-toed shoes are so popular nowadays, and that's just about all Kylie has worn during the warm weather months. As she grows up, I don't know if I'll point them out or wait until she brings it up to me. I just pray kids don't make fun of her. It's really so petty, it's just a couple of toes! But kids can be cruel, and my sweet girl gets her feelings hurt easily. Maybe I'm making it more than it will be, and I pray I am...but I'm just a mama, and of course I worry!
*She talks ALL THE TIME. I think I have said this several times in my last few posts but man, that girl is never quiet! I love it, though. Her vocabulary is ever-expanding, and sometimes I'm amazed at some of the things she says. Chris and I understand about 99% of what she says. And usually if we can't understand her, we can ask her questions to figure it out. My mom can understand much of what she says, too. But I'm not sure about other people haha. She talks in full sentences and can usually use pretty correct grammar. Of course not everything is "correct" but what do you expect from a 2-year-old?!
We took Kylie to Cherokee Lake one afternoon...though it looks like we're at the sewage plant!
Goofy Day at school 10/4/12
Kylie's Halloween costume...she picked it out of a magazine herself!



No comments:
Post a Comment