I felt Kylie move for the first time the day I turned 18 weeks. I was laying on the bed talking to Chris on the phone (I was in Georgia, and he was awaiting deployment in California), and she like did a back flip. It was a huge movement, and I immediately knew it was her. Every day after that, I felt her move and knew when it was her, even when the movements were faint.
This time around, I kept thinking I felt Baby G move but I was never 100% sure becaue it would always be isolated incidents so I second guessed myself. I've always heard that you feel the 2nd and subsequent babies move a bit earlier than the 1st because you just know what it feels like and don't confuse the movements with gas or whatever else. So when 18 weeks came and went and I still wasn't sure I had felt him move, of course I became quite worried because I'm such a worry-wart! I had an OB appointment last Wednesday (September 19) and while I was laying on the bed waiting for the doctor to come in, I felt Baby G moving all over the place. That was really the 1st time I felt him moving a lot. Another reason I think I didn't feel him move earlier is because I'm always on-the-go. So I've started really trying to set time aside every day where I just sit or lay on the couch to feel him move. Last night I felt him moving a lot, and I put my hand on my tummy and felt him kick from the outside! I told Chris, and he put his hand on my tummy and felt him kick, too! It was so great. It is such a reassuring feeling.
As much as I really didn't enjoy being pregnant because of the constant sickness I endured, feeling their precious movements never got old! It is such a wonderful feeling and great reassurance of the gift God has given us!
ReplyDelete