Sunday, April 28, 2013
3 months old!
Gunner didn't have a check-up this month but I did weigh him the other day, and he weighed about 14.5 pounds! He's a chunky little thing. He is such a happy little guy. He smiles all the time, at anybody who talks to him. He is starting to giggle, and it is just the absolute cutest! He is ready for bed at 7:30 every night. Chris or I lay him down, swaddle him, give him a pacifier, and he falls asleep within a couple of minutes. And most nights he sleeps for at least 7 hours before waking up to eat! Some nights he will come unwrapped and wake up but one of us gets up to rewrap him, and he will fall right back to sleep. Friday night, he slept from 8:30 p.m. until 6:30 a.m. without waking up once! Oh man, I am so thankful for having a baby who sleeps well. I mentioned a few blogs ago that Gunner's eyes went different ways sometimes. They continued to do it until just a few weeks ago. I did read it was very common for a newborn's eyes to do that but they almost seemed like they were going wonky more often the older he got so I was worried. But they never do it anymore! He is getting more head control but he hates tummy time (I am pretty sure all babies at this age do!) so I just try to sit him up as much as possible. We got Kylie a Bumbo seat at about 4 months of age so we're going to get Gunner one soon. Kylie's seat really helped her head control so I'm hoping it will help Gunner, too, until he starts enjoying tummy time. Gunner loves watching TV! He will sit in his swing and just stare at the TV or if we're feeding him, he always tries to find the TV to watch it. I'm sure all the colors and movement are mesmerizing at his age. I am so glad we're back on this side of the country while Gunner is a baby. When Kylie was a baby, we were in California so our families hardly ever got to see her. I love that Gunner is getting to know all of our family members at such a young age...plus they just eat him up because he's the only baby in both of our families. He is really starting to "talk" more. He oohs and ahhs and has full-blown conversations with us if we talk back to him. He is such a sweet baby, and I am really enjoying having a baby again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment