I have really been slacking in the blogging department. Gunner actually turned 4 months old 3 1/2 weeks ago but better late than never!
At his 4 month check up on May 28, he was 26 inches long and 14.5 lbs. 75% for height and 50% for weight. I'm losing hope that he'll be tall like his mama.
He started rolling over a few days after he turned 4 months old! He can roll from his back to his tummy and from his tummy to his back. He rolls over all the time now. He has started pushing up on his arms where his chest and part of his stomach are off the ground.
He smiles all the time, even at people he doesn't know! He is such a happy baby and such a far cry from how Kylie was at this age. Sometimes he gets a little wary of people he doesn't know but he warms up really quickly.
He, of course, puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.
He likes to stand up all the time. Yesterday, we were in the pool and I had him standing on the second step but then I tried to sit him down on the 1st step, and he just kept stiffening up so I would stand him back up. He just wants to stand all the time. Right now he is on the couch beside me, and he is leaning against the pillow and straightening his legs against my thighs.
He hasn't really started reaching for toys yet but if we put one in his hand or in his lap, he really likes "playing" with them (and putting them in his mouth!).
He loves to go swimming! My mom (who lives next door) has a pool so we've been over there every weekend (weather permitting) and some weekdays, and Gunner just loves it.
He has begun leaning forward while he is propped up on the couch, a pillow, his swing, etc. so maybe we will have an unassisted sitter soon!
He "talks" and squeals all the time. His voice is so much deeper than Kylie's was. It really cracks me up sometimes!
He sleeps through the night for usually 11 to 11.5 hours. Sometimes he will wake up once or twice but all we have to do is put the pacifier back in his mouth, and he will fall back to sleep. It is LOVELY!!!
He loves his big sister. And she loves him! He giggles and smiles at her all the time. She still gets a little overwhelming (like getting right in his face or hugging him too hard) but for the most part, they really enjoy each other.
He really likes watching TV. We could be completely across the room and playing, and he will hear something interesting on the TV and immediately fall into a trance looking at the TV.
He is already eating 8 ounces at most feedings! I swear he is ALWAYS hungry. He doesn't go very long between his feedings, either. Considering I know I've read that when they move up to 8-ounce bottles, they usually move down to just 3 bottles a day (one every 8 hours). Definitely not at our house!
I know I will think of more later but since he turns 5 months old a week from today, I'll save it for that blog!
No comments:
Post a Comment