Wow, I'm slacking!
Gunner turned 8 months old on 9/23/13, and he turned 9 months old on 10/23/13.
His 9-month doctor's appointment isn't until Halloween but he weighs about 21 lbs. (Kylie, who turned 3 in July, weighs 29 lbs. haha)
So, what's Gunner up to these days?
He is crawling everywhere! He learned how to crawl right after he turned 7 months old. Not too long after, he learned how to pull up on stuff so he stays vertical most of his time. He seems to be hitting milestones earlier than Kylie did so maybe he will be walking this month! Kylie took her first steps the day after she turned 10 months old.
He is starting to eat more small pieces of regular food. He still eats mostly baby food, though. He eats about four 6-ounce bottles a day. And he still takes his paci. He doesn't get it at all while he's at day care unless he is laying down for a nap but he puts it in and out of his mouth as he pleases at home.
By the way, he started going to day care at the end of September. He loves it! It's an in-home day care, and she came highly recommended so I'm pleased so far.
He says "da-da" all the time and has said "ma-ma" a few times. He said "bye-bye" earlier but I tried to get him to say it again, to no avail. He also says "ga-ga" and "bah-bah." He really likes to say "aaaaaaah" over and over, especially when it's in a really high pitch voice. He and Kylie have screeching matches in the bathroom so it echoes really nicely, too ;) He also just jabbers a lot where he says all kinds of sounds together.
He LOVES his big sister. She really aggravates the snot out of him sometimes but his little face just lights up when he sees her. He is getting old enough to where they actually play together, and they both love it so much.
He still sleeps through the night. Woohoo! He still goes to bed around 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. He usually wakes up around 6:30 a.m. Last night I laid him in bed, and he started crying. I usually cover him up with a blanket but he had on feetie pajamas so I didn't cover him up. Well, he normally just lays down and goes right to sleep so I knew something was up when he started crying. I walked back into his room, put in his crib the blanket I normally cover him up with, and he went right to sleep! So he must be attached to that blanket. That's just the sweetest thing to me!
He is such a happy little guy still. He usually only gets mad when I wipe his face off or when he's really hungry and I'm taking too long to get his food ready. Or when Kylie aggravates him.
He has his bottom front two teeth. Again, he got those much earlier than Kylie did.
He is wearing 12 months clothes. When his and Kylie's clothes are next to each other, I swear they appear to be the same size haha.
He has the bluest eyes still! I'm so excited! Kylie has dark brown eyes but they didn't turn brown until she was seriously almost 2. Chris has the prettiest hazel eyes, and I at least wanted a child with some colored eyes other than brown.
Kylie is trying to stick her foot in Gunner's mouth so I guess that's it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment