Friday, August 30, 2013

7 months old!


My sweet Gunner turned 7 months old on August 23. Not a ton has happened since he turned 6 months old but...

He is so close to crawling! I was sure he'd be crawling by now but he hasn't quite gotten the coordination down. I suspect it will be really, really soon. Update:  I did most of this blog on August 24 but am just now finishing it, and Gunner learned to crawl yesterday!!!

He has learned to sit up from laying down. I was reading back through my blog earlier to see what Kylie was doing at 7 and 8 months old, and she didn't learn how to sit up from laying down until she was almost 8 months old!

He says "da da da da" quite a bit now. He says a couple of consonants over and over but I can't quite figure out which letters they are because he usually does them when he's mad. It's too dang cute!

He still sleeps through the night. Hallelujah! He generally goes to bed around 7:30 p.m. and wakes up around 6:30 a.m. His naps have become hit or miss lately but he usually takes naps well during the day.

He still eats all the time. He is eating less formula now that he is eating more baby food. He eats so much baby food, though! He eats baby food at lunch and dinner, and he has liked everything we have given him so far. We haven't given him many fruits. Actually, I think the only fruit he has eaten is banana, and that was only twice so we'll probably start giving him more fruit soon. I have noticed that he doesn't like warm baby food. He will eat it sometimes but other times he makes a sour face and won't eat it. Update:  We started giving him more fruits (mangos and peaches) but he thinks both are pretty sour.

I've been thinking about trying to switch him over to a sippy cup soon, and I think giving up the bottle will be much easier than it was with Kylie. However, he still takes a paci quite a bit so that will be much harder to take away.

He has become very interested in playing with toys. He loves sitting on the floor playing with any kind of toy (and now that he is crawling, anything he can get his hands on!). Kylie loves playing with him on the floor, too, and he really enjoys her most of the time. She still tends to aggravate him some but I think once he gets older, he'll be able to aggravate her back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment