Kylie wanted to spend the night with my mom tonight, and Chris had to work so after I put Gunner to bed around 7:30 p.m., I had a lot of time to do a whole lot of nothing. At some point, I started to think back over life the last 8 years. Frankly, I just can't seem to grasp that it has been 8 years since I graduated high school. Where in the world have the last 8 years gone? So much has changed, so much has happened and in some ways, it seems like a lifetime ago and in other ways, it seems just a few months ago.
I was also thinking that Chris and I got married almost 6 years ago, and our wedding seems like so long ago. But then I think about when Chris went into the Marines when we had been married just 7 months, and that seems like just yesterday! And then almost 5 years ago we moved to California. I just cannot get over that! I remember everything about Chris graduating boot camp, me living in Thomasville while he was away at training, both of us wondering everyday where he was going to get stationed, where the new chapter of our lives was going to begin, and us moving to California.
Life happens so quickly! It really is just a blink of an eye. Now, 8 years after graduating high school, I have a 3-year-old and a 7-month-old. My life is so different than I pictured it would be (not in a bad way, just different). I would probably go back and change a lot of things I did, a lot of things I said, a lot of people I became friends with but really, I wouldn't be the person I am today if I had not gone through every single thing I have experienced. I am truly proud of the person I have become, and it has really taken me a long time to feel that way and confidently say that. These past few years have been very trying with Chris and me. I am not sure how in the world we made it through. Honestly, we still have a very long way to go but we're making strides all the time.
Anyway, it's just so crazy thinking back about all of the things that have happened in the last 8 years since high school. Life is so precious, and it's so important that we do not take anything for granted and that we make sure we go to bed each night as happy as possible, holding no grudges and leaving no words unsaid.
No comments:
Post a Comment