My sweet baby boy turned 6 months old on July 23. At his 6-month check-up, he weighed 18 pounds and was 27 inches long.
I have said it before, and I'll say it again. He is literally the happiest baby I have ever met!!! He is such an awesome baby. So easy-going, so smiley, so happy, so giggly. He is just the sweetest little thing ever.
He is officially an unassisted sitter! He has also learned how to get up on all fours and rock back and forth. He actually learned how to do that before he learned how to sit up well! He has even taken a couple of "steps" on his hands and knees. Kylie started crawling at about 7 1/2 months, and I will be really surprised if Gunner isn't crawling before then.
He has found his "pee-pee" and really likes grabbing it any chance he can get. I am sure he is totally amazed at this new thing he has found.
He LOVES Daisy. Kylie really loved her, too, as a baby (she still does but she just thought Daisy was extra cool as a baby). He loves staring at her and rubbing her and just watching her. He gets so tickled, especially when she licks his toes.
He loves his big sister. He thinks she is just the greatest, and he is always laughing at the crazy things she does.
He loves staring at his Mommy and playing with her hair. I think my hair must comfort him. Every time I'm holding him (especially when he is tired or eating), he finds my hair and just runs his little fingers through it. We can just be walking around the house, and his little hand is always in my hair.
He said "la la la la la" the other day but it was an isolated incident, and he hasn't said any other consonant sounds yet.
He is on his 2nd baby food! We started him on rice cereal, and then he broke out in this crazy rash all over his body so his doctor told us to cut out the rice cereal for a few days so we moved on to green beans. He really likes them! And now we've moved to carrots. He doesn't do really great with eating yet. He still pushes it out of his mouth sometimes but he really really likes the baby food. He gets so mad if we take too long to give him another spoonful. And he just about rams the spoon into his throat because he lunges so hard with his mouth wide open when he sees the spoon. By the way, we moved back to rice cereal, and he hasn't broken out in a rash so who knows what caused it! Thankfully it wasn't the rice cereal, though, because that's like the most hypoallergenic food available!
He still sleeps through the night. He was been a wonderful sleeper since he was just a few weeks hold, THANK GOD!!! Kylie didn't sleep through the night until she was almost 2 so this has been a wonderful change. He is ready for bed every night at 7:30 p.m., and he sleeps until about 7:00 a.m. He usually naps really well during the day, too. Thank goodness for sound machines because our house has hardwood floors, and being quiet is not one of Kylie's strong-suits.
He takes after his big sister, and he really likes watching Barney. Maybe he likes it so much because that's the only thing Kylie ever wants to watch so he is just forced to like it, too.
This kid is a spitting image of his dad! He couldn't look any more NOT like me. It's so crazy how much he looks like Chris' side of the family. I always thought Kylie looked so much like Chris as a baby but the older she has gotten, the more people tell me she looks like me. So I'm curious to see if Gunner will look anything like me as he gets older but I just really doubt it. But it's ok, he is a total cutie!
I haven't posted any pictures in a while so here is a recent collage I made of the kids:

No comments:
Post a Comment