Friday, August 2, 2013

3 years old!

Wow! My children are growing up way too fast. I am totally loving this age but man, I cannot believe it has been 3 years since I gave birth to this wonderful girl.

Kylie is 29 lbs and 37 inches tall.

We decided to go to the beach for her birthday this year instead of throwing a birthday party for family and friends. We had a wonderful time! We went to St. George Island and stayed 5 nights (Tuesday thru Sunday) in a rented house right on the beach. Kylie's birthday was on Sunday, the day we came home, so we celebrated on Wednesday, mostly because some of her gifts were beach-related. Kylie and my mom baked a pink cake with purple icing and decorated it with princess decorations. She got lots of Disney princess-themed gifts! Then, yesterday, we had another small "cake and ice cream" party for the family who didn't go to the beach with us.

Kylie starts back to St. Thomas in a couple of weeks. She is so tired of staying at home everyday so I'm excited for her to start back. She will also start going to the YMCA after-school program. I'm really excited about that, too! I think she is going to have a great time. It's bittersweet, though, because she will be in the room that I worked in for several years, and I just can't believe that I now have a child old enough to be in that room. The girl I worked with is still working in that room, and we are really good friends. So I'm really excited about that!

Kylie is so excited about starting ballet and tap in a few weeks! I hope she likes it as much as she is looking forward to it. For as long as I can remember, I wanted a little girl who enjoyed ballet.

Kylie is very obsessed with all things Disney princess. I would love to take her to Disney World because she is so obsessed but I want her to remember it. Chris and I were talking about taking Kylie on a Disney Cruise early next year but maybe Disney World is a good idea, too.

Kylie is such a smart girl. She amazes me every single day with her knowledge. She is very wise beyond her short 3 years. I was invited to take a gifted test in elementary school and remained in that program until it ended in high school so I really hope Kylie is invited to do the same.

Kylie speaks very well and annunciates her words well. She can say all of her letters (except she still says "s" with a lisp sometimes) but she does say things really funny sometimes. Yesterday, instead of saying she forgot something, she said "I forleft my sunglasses at home." And she calls her thumbs "flums."

She has an imaginary brother named Jason, who is, coincidentally, also 6 months old. I'm thinking Jason is a name she heard on her other obsession, Barney. She doesn't sit down and watch TV  much but when she does, she always wants it to be Barney. I have the DVR to record 1 episode per day so we always have a new episode to watch!

She loves her baby brother and is so excited that he is getting older so she can play with him more. I can't wait until he can walk so they can really play together more.

I guess that's about all I can think of right now for Ms. Kylie!

No comments:

Post a Comment