Tuesday, June 28, 2011

11 months old!

Ahhhhh! In less than one month my sweet baby girl will be a whole year old! I can't believe it.


Let's see...she finally learned to clap a couple of days ago! She did it a few times a couple of months ago but never did it again. The day after she turned 11 months old, last Wednesday, she took her first steps! She hasn't taken off yet but she can take 5 or 6 steps at a time. She does not even look big enough to know how to walk. She likes brushing my hair and trying to brush her own hair. Her top front two teeth are coming in. They have been trying to make an appearance for a little over a week now. They still haven't cut through very much, though. She likes to nod her head at me when I tell her "no." She has learned to climb and likes to climb on EVERYTHING. I have a scab on my knee from our disaster in the ocean, and she likes to pick at it. I have told her "no" so many times that she now slowly moves her finger toward it while looking at me, and if I figure out what she is doing and look at her, she gets so tickled. She has been waving "bye" off and on for a couple of months but never consistently until the last couple of days. She also likes to do it when she is doing something she isn't supposed to do and we tell her "no" or to "get down" from somewhere.


I bought a bunch of stuff for her birthday party today. I received the invitations in the mail a couple of days ago and have slowly been filling them out and addressing the envelopes. I think we are just going to do a family birthday party because we have so many family members to invite. There are 50 family members on my list! Plus, Kylie isn't going to remember this party, and she wouldn't really be playing with any other babies or kids. Anyway, I went with a theme called "Ladybugs:  Oh So Sweet." It's too cute! I'm not really going to decorate that much but the plates, napkins, cups, invitations, forks/spoons, table cover, and balloons match the theme. I am hoping to get a cake made that also matches it.


And I'll end with some pictures...


I'm telling you...anything she can climb on, she will! This is about all the action this walker has seen since we got it.


Her most daring climb yet! And yes, she has a mullet. :)

I just love her big ol' eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment