Thursday, June 9, 2011

Whirlwind

Whew! It's been about 2 1/2 weeks since I blogged. I've just been really, REALLY busy. So many new things, I don't even know where to begin!


Kylie is doing some new things. She learned how to play "peek-a-boo." She will use anything big enough to cover her face (a diaper, ball, book, etc.), uncover her face, and wait for us to say "peek-a-boo!" She gets so tickled. She learned how to stand up from a sitting position without holding onto anything, and she started standing up on her own for longer periods of time and more often. She got her first baby doll today, and she LOVES it! She has been hugging it and kissing it. When we hold it up in front of her, she gets SO excited. It's too cute. She has learned how to really whine the past week or so. I guess she realized it was a way to express wanting something but it is a habit I am definitely trying to break. I got her a toothbrush and some floss today! I brushed and flossed her 2 teeth this evening. She really enjoyed it actually.


Bedtime has gotten much better. She has been sleeping with me every night, though. I'm not that happy about it because I really want her to sleep in her crib but it beats the heck out of waking up 10 or more times a night! I'm sure she'll get readjusted to her crib again soon. She naps in her crib just fine. I'm not sure what the deal is at night. The past couple of nights, I have put her to bed in her crib, and she falls right asleep but she wakes up an hour or two later, and I put her in my bed. She usually only wakes up again once (around 3:00 am) after I put her in my bed. HOWEVER, I'm hoping that when I finish school, I can really work moving her back into her crib all night.


I am officially in my VERY LAST CLASS! Halfway finished with week 2 to be exact (the class is only 5 weeks!). I will be completely finished on July 4. It cannot come fast enough! I was supposed to attend the commencement ceremony on June 3 but I ended up backing out because it was just too much of a hassle trying to find someone to watch the cats and dogs overnight and find someone to go down with us to watch Kylie during the ceremony.


It's been just over 2 months since I moved back to Thomasville. This whole separation has been a whirlwind, to say the least. It's really hard. Some days are good, some days not so much. I will say that the past couple of weeks, I've had many more good days than bad days. I miss so much of my "old" life sometimes. Part of me so badly wants Chris to just FREAKING CHANGE, and the other part of me is moving on, realizing that if he hasn't changed yet, he won't (or at least won't anytime soon). It's really a grieving process. I'm grieving the loss of a 6-year relationship and 3 1/2 year marriage. Sadness. Anger. Frustration. Confusion. Questioning. Wondering.  I'm just taking it one day at a time. That's really all I can do right now.


I'm sure there is more I will remember to blog about tomorrow but right now, I am taking full advantage of the fact that it's only 10:30 pm and I'm finished with homework. I'm going to bed!

1 comment:

  1. I can just imagine how hard the separation is. My sister is going through the same thing. It is even harder with kids. I bet that is why she is having trouble sleeping at night. You are so brave to be blogging about this and I know it will help others.

    ReplyDelete