Sunday, August 21, 2011

13 months old!

Didn't Kylie just turn 1 like last week?! It sure feels that way.


A few new things she is doing/has...
-Walking in shoes. She only has 1 pair at the moment (and they're sandals) so I need to get her another pair soon. It took her a little while to get used to them being on her feet and learn how to walk with them on but after a few falls, she got the hang of it!
-Saying "night night." She doesn't say it every night but when she does say it, it's always as I'm laying her down for bed. So sweet!
-Getting off the couch as opposed to falling off the couch. All by herself, she learned to lay on her tummy, swing her legs off the couch, and slide off.
-Has a milk allergy. I put her on soy formula when she was 3 months old because she had colic so bad. When she turned 1, I started transitioning her to whole cow's milk by mixing part formula, part milk. By the time she was drinking just cow's milk, her stomach wasn't tolerating it at all. I took her to the doctor, and he told me to switch her to soy milk. So she's been on that for a couple of weeks and is doing fine except that the past few days she has had diarrhea. So I'm going to give it a few more days and call the doctor back if it persists.
-Only taking 1 nap a day, if she takes one at all. Her naps used to be like clockwork:  she would take a morning nap about 2 hours after she woke up in the morning and then an afternoon nap about 2 hours after she woke up from her morning nap. She basically stayed on that schedule for months. All of a sudden last week, she stopped taking a morning nap. She just would not go to sleep when I put her down. And then several days she hasn't taken an afternoon nap, either. As you could imagine, when 6:00 pm or so rolls around, she is pretty fussy. Some days, though, she takes a really good afternoon nap. Which leads me to...
-Sleeping MUCH better at night. She got to where she was waking up like 10 times some nights.  It was killing me! And usually, I'd give her a bottle so she'd go right back to sleep but I knew I had to cut that out. So a few nights ago, I decided that when she woke up, I was just going to soothe her back to sleep. That first night was not so good. But almost every night since then has been great. One night she even slept for 9 1/2 hours straight. And she's doing a great job at putting herself back to sleep most of the times she does wake up. Let's hope this stays up!
-Rolling her eyes. I have NO idea where this came from. I am pretty sure I never roll my eyes. Kylie has some serious attitude, and it actually makes me laugh so hard sometimes because she has so much personality and is so sassy but I know it's not going to be cute much longer. Anyway, she totally rolls her eyes in the correct context, which blows my mind. She doesn't do it all the time and not even everyday (thank goodness!) but she has done it several times so that I know it's not a fluke.
-Has a 3rd tooth. After almost 2 months of being right under her gum, her top front left tooth broke through! It's about halfway through at the moment, and I'm pretty sure the other top front one is going to break through any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment