Kylie will be 14 months old on Wednesday! I can't believe it. It's all going by so quickly. She is changing so much every single day. She amazes me at how smart she is (well, smart to me!), and I just love the little personality she is developing.
Here are some new things she has/is doing...
-She got a new carseat yesterday! Before she was born, I found this really cute carseat and stroller set that I absolutely loved but for some reason, the carseat was unavailable everywhere I looked. My mom bought us the stroller so I hoped Target would get more of the carseats that matched. Kylie came quite a bit earlier than expected so we had to buy her a different carseat, which turned out to be great! I did quite a bit of research on infant carseats and found one I really liked (except that it was not very "girly") that accomodated babies up to 35 pounds and 32 inches. The only downside to the carseat was that it was a little bulkier and heavier than most other infant carseats but it lasted us almost 14 months! I researched carseats again a couple of nights ago and found one I really liked but wanted to see if I could find it cheaper on Craigslist or Pendleton Yard Sales (which is like Craigslist but for Camp Pendleton, where Chris is stationed). I just happened to come across the exact carseat I wanted (well, except it was a different color), and it was brand new. The guy selling it owns several rental properties and apparently one of his tenants had to move across the country abruptly and gave him the carseat. And he was selling it for half of what it retails for at Target. The back can be taken off so it turns into a booster seat, and it accomodates children up to 100 pounds so we will never have to buy another carseat! We really lucked out.
-Kylie is learning how to do the motions of the Itsy Bitsy Spider, If You're Happy and You Know It, and Pat-a-Cake. She loves when I sing for her (unfortunately I do not sing well at all, haha). Those are her 3 favorite songs, and she gets so excited trying to do the hand motions with me. She is getting pretty good!
-She is also getting pretty good at shape sorting. Chris' great aunt and great uncle gave Kylie a shape sorting toy for her birthday. It's a bucket with a top that attaches to it with cutouts of a circle, triangle, star, and square. And there are little pieces that fit into each shape. She is learning how to fit the pieces into the correct shape. They also gave her stacking buckets. #10 is the biggest (and also doubles as the bucket for the shape sorting toy), and they progressively get smaller as they approach #1. She loves stacking them (or me stacking them) and then knocking them over.
-Last time I blogged, one of her top front teeth had just cut through. Her other top front tooth and the tooth to the left of her top left front tooth have cut through. They are all still coming in but her top front two teeth are almost all the way through, and the other one just cut through a few days ago. So now she has 5 teeth! And I'm pretty sure the one to the right of her front right tooth will be cutting through any day now.
-She is still drinking soy milk. Her tummy really does not like any dairy products.
-She has been SO affectionate the past several days. I love it! She comes up to Chris or me and plants big slobbery kisses on our lips. And she hugs us all the time. It is so stinkin' sweet!
-She continues to love music. She dances all the time to any kind of music. One day she was walking around the living room when The Price is Right music came on, and she stopped dead in her tracks and started dancing. It was so cute and funny.
-Today she discovered that her nose has 2 holes in it. She kept her finger in her nose about half of the day.
-She loves to scare people! And she loves for people to scare her. Yesterday I had laid her down for a nap but soon after heard her talking so I walked into her room, and she was laying on her tummy with her face in the mattress and her hands under her face. I started rubbing her back and said, "Good afternoon, Kylie..." She just laid there still for a few seconds and then got up and yelled, "AAAAAH!" We both started laughing so hard. She is a little stinker! She also loves when Chris or I hide under a blanket and say, "Where's Kylie?" She quietly walks over, rips the blanket off, and yells "AAAAAH!"
-She is learning more body parts. She can identify other people's noses, her teeth and other people's teeth, her bellybutton and other people's bellybuttons, other people's eyes, her hair, and other people's mouths.
-She follows commands really well. Like if I tell her to shake something, wave, dance, brush her hair, give me a hug, give me a kiss, blow me a kiss, give me a high-five, etc. She knows a lot of what I tell her to do.
-She is still only taking 1 nap a day. Some days she doesn't nap at all but most days she does take 1 really good nap.
-She has slept through the night the last 4 or 5 nights. She hasn't slept through the night that many nights in a row since she was like 7 or 8 months old!
-Like I said earlier, her personality is just developing more and more everyday. She is so crazy, so wild, so sassy, so prissy, so sweet, so funny, so fun, so happy, so energetic. I am so thankful she is my little girl!
What a cutie!! I love the story of her scaring you, those are the real joys I love of motherhood, the little private family jokes and watching their personalities devlop!! Glad all sounds well!
ReplyDeleteJust too cute! It's amazing how much they learn and grow at this age. Her and Weston used to seem the same age and now she acts and does things so much older than him! Love the scare story! :)
ReplyDelete