Friday, August 5, 2011

My Little Toddler

Well, I guess I officially have a toddler now! Bittersweet, for sure.


Kylie is now walking about 90% of the time. She gets faster and smoother everyday. She can now walk for long distances and usually only crawls if she falls down or wants to get somewhere really quickly.


She shakes and nods her head when I ask her yes-or-no questions. She seems to understand a lot of what I ask her. 


The words she says are mama, dada, Daisy, duck, and bye. Daisy sounds more like "day-dee" but she knows who "day-dee" is and only says it when she is around Daisy. We are always looking at 2 picture books she has (each has pictures of 100 nouns and verbs), and I've been trying to teach her different words. She seems to be able to point out a few of the pictures when asked. Her favorite page is the one with pictures of several babies.


I'd really like to learn and teach her sign language. We used it at a day care I worked at but I don't remember a lot of it. I think it would be really cool for Kylie to learn it, and it would be great to have the ability to communicate with her before she can talk well!


She certainly knows what it means to not get what she wants, and she throws some crazy fits. She kicks her legs, arches her back, screams, and cries. 


She really likes to push limits. She knows she isn't supposed to do certain things (like walk up to the TV and slap it with both hands as hard as she can over and over) so she likes to do those things and turn around, look at you, and smile. It really does take a lot not to laugh because it's so funny and cute that she's so small but knows so much.


Her favorite activity is crawling really fast up and down the couch. My mom has a sectional so it's a very long L-shaped couch. She still doesn't understand the boundaries and that if she gets too close to the edge she will fall off so I have to stand right beside her as she's crawling. But she just loves it! She gets such an enjoyment out of it. And she loves looking over the back of the couch out the window to watch the cars drive by. She has crawled over the back of the couch into the window sill a couple of times.


She also really enjoys opening up the cabinets, pulling everything out, and climbing inside. And, climbing in the dishwasher. She is the most curious and adventurous baby toddler I have ever met!


And as promised, here are some pictures from her birthday and birthday party.









1 comment:

  1. Cute cake!! I can't believe how much they grow. It used to seem like Kylie and Weston were on the same scale and now she seems so much older! That just shows you what a difference two months makes at this age. Just imagine what all she will know in two more months!

    ReplyDelete