Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Birthday!

On July 21, 2011 at 4:51 am, my Kylie turned a whole year old! This past year has flown by. I can't say that enough. On the evening of July 20, I was thinking back to that day last year and how terribly sick I felt and was so worried that I was about to have severe "morning" sickness for another 6 weeks (I'd already had it from week 4 to week 18, and I was only 34 weeks pregnant). That morning, I'd told my mom that Chris and I had learned in our birthing class just a week before that some women feel really sick right before they go into labor but my mom and I just laughed about it, and my mom said, "Gosh, I hope not!" Just a few hours later, while Chris was at the store buying me a ginger ale, my water broke as I was getting out of a hot bath, and my world changed forever! We were so unready. Well, not emotionally or mentally unready but just in the sense that we were missing so much for her nursery, and we hadn't even packed a bag for the hospital yet. That night and the early morning hours of the 21st are really a blur. I remember bits and pieces but I think I was just such in shock and so scared that I didn't know what to think or feel. I am thankful every single day for the doctors and nurses who took such awesome care of Kylie and kept me updated on every little detail. They saved my little baby's life when she was so close to not making it.


On the 21, Kylie opened presents from my mom, Chris, and me. She got so much stuff! And then Chris' aunt Cheryl came by to drop off a few gifts because she wouldn't be able to make it to Kylie's birthday party. 


On the 22, Kylie had her 1 year pictures. Ursula Page did them and did a fantastic job! We got them taken at Paradise Park, and the gnats and mosquitoes were already rampant at 8 in the morning. Here is a sneak peak of the pictures: http://www.ursulapagephotography.com/blog/?p=5756


On the 23, we had Kylie's birthday party. We had a really great turnout, and we had a lot of fun visiting with family, opening presents, and eating cake.


Kylie's 12 month check-up was Thursday. She weighed 21 pounds, 12 ounces and is 29 inches long!


I will upload more birthday/birthday party pictures later but I will leave you with one that pretty much sums up how much she enjoyed her birthday cake!



No comments:

Post a Comment