Monday, July 18, 2011

So proud

I am so proud of my little girl! She has learned so much in the last couple of weeks, and I am just amazed at how quickly she learns certain things.


She has been walking all over the place. She is still wobbly, and she still crawls but she walks more and more everyday. She just looks too little to me to know how to walk. When I ask her, "Where is Daisy?" or "Where is Marley?" (our dogs), she finds them in the room with her eyes and stares at them until I clap and say, "good job!" If they are within touching range, she pets them. She can point out my nose, eyes, and mouth when I ask her where they are. I bought her a duck bath tub faucet cover for her birthday, and I gave it to her a little early. Every time she sees it, she says, "duck duck!" I'm not sure if it's just coincidence or if she really learned that it's a duck because I said it so many times. So I think "duck" may be her first word! Several times I and a few others have heard her say what sounds like "Daisy" so that may have been her first word, too. It's so hard to tell at this age! My mom and I have been teaching her "hot." She is really fascinated with my mom's coffee mugs so my mom always tells her "hot" when she tries to grab them while my mom is drinking coffee. And she likes to grab onto the rail on the stairs in the pool or the cement on the side of the pool so I have been telling her "hot" when she tries to grab them. She seems to grasp the concept because she always withdraws her hand when we say it. She really tries to say "bye-bye" when she waves. It usually comes out "die-die" but sometimes she manages to say it correctly.


I can't think of anything else right now. It's past 11:00 pm so I am sure I will think of other things later but I'll be posting on or around her birthday, which is this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment