Thursday, November 24, 2011

16 months old!

Earlier this week Kylie turned 16 months old. Almost to the year and a half mark! Ahhhhh!


She weighs about the same and is about the same height as last month.


New things:
*She learned to say "Paw Paw" (Chris' dad) and "light" today! Chris' mom, Jackie, is always saying to Kylie, "Where is Paw Paw? Let's go find Paw Paw." Well today she finally started saying it! It is so stinkin' cute. Then, every night while Kylie is in the bath tub, she points to different things around the bathroom so that I will tell her what they are. She usually points to the same things (the door, the window, the mirror, the light, etc.). And tonight, she said "light" after I said it when she pointed to the light above the bath tub. After bath time, when I would ask her where the light was, she would point to a lamp or the overhead light and say, "light!" I think she is a little slow in the actual talking department (she has a lot to "say" but not much I can understand) so I'm so excited her vocabulary is expanding!
*She is learning so many nouns. She can't say them but when I ask her where something is, she can show me. We go around the house and outside "learning" what different things are. She picks them up so quickly. And she can basically follow any command I give her.
*She did FANTASTIC while I was gone to Maryland for 4 days. She slept through the night, she didn't cry for me, she took great naps, she was just awesome. Saturday and Sunday, Mark and Jackie (Chris' parents) picked her up and took them to their house for a little while one day and to Tallahassee another day. They had so much fun with her, and she had so much fun with them! When I got home Sunday night, she acted like she didn't even miss me at first and really just seemed interested in going through my luggage but then she kept hugging me and kissing me. It was so sweet! I missed her like crazy.
*Today was Kylie's first Thanksgiving that she could actually eat the food. Last year she was only 4 months old and wasn't eating any solids. She was in heaven today! That girl can eat, and she rarely refuses anything. We ate at my mom's house (where we live), and then we went to Chris' parents' house after Kylie took a nap, and she ate some over there, too.
*She is becoming quite the little ham. She loves attention, and she gives me the cheesiest smiles or the craziest faces when I try to take her picture.
*She loves getting on Skype with her daddy. We Skype almost everyday, and she gets so excited every time. She kisses the screen when Chris asks her for a kiss, and it melts my heart. She loves her daddy so much!
*She loves getting things she knows she isn't supposed to have, letting me know she has them, and then running from me when I try to get them from her.
*She has been SO hyper at night after she gets out of the bath tub. Here is a glimpse of her tonight...




And a few recent pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment