Thursday, June 21, 2012

23 months old!

Wow, it has been a month since I blogged anything! Kylie turned 23 months old today! Kylie weighs 25 pounds and is still about 32.5" tall.

*Her vocabulary continues to grow everyday! She talks so much now, and her memory amazes me. The other day we were at the pool (we are at the beach so it was our condo's pool), and there was a snake in the gated area around the pool. THREE days later, Kylie told me about the "snake at the pool." It's so crazy that they remember stuff now but they will forget all of this when they get just a little older.

*When she wants someone to follow her, she slaps her leg like you would do to a dog. I'm sure she must have picked this up from us doing it to Marley and Daisy.

*She hasn't been wanting to nap several days over the past few weeks. Not sure if she is growing out of naps (I did at a young age, too) or if this is just a phase. She doesn't really get fussy like she used to without a nap. She gets a little grumpy right before bed time but she is much easier to put down to sleep at night and sleeps much better during the night so I'm not sure I'm against her not wanting to take naps.

*She peed in the potty a few weeks ago! I was hoping it wasn't an isolated incident but it was. She tells me every time she poops and almost every time she pees so she is definitely getting close to being ready. I'm not going to rush it but I hope it's soon!

*Just a couple of months ago, Chris, Kylie, and I went to the beach for a few days. It was only the 3rd time Kylie had ever been to the beach. The first time she was just a few months old but the 2nd and 3rd times she HATED the sand. She didn't mind the ocean the 2nd time but the 3rd time she wanted nothing to do with anything related to the beach. HOWEVER, we came to the beach this past Saturday (for a week), and Kylie has loved the ocean and the sand so much. She just can't get enough! About as soon as she wakes up, she points out the window and says "beach!"

*She can say her name! She just learned how to say it a couple of days ago.

*She insists on picking out her own clothes every morning.

*She has been learning a lot of songs at day care, and she comes home singing them all the time.

I am battling a little bit of sickness so I'm sure I'm forgetting several things so I'll probably update again!

No comments:

Post a Comment