Wednesday, July 25, 2012

2 Years Old!

My Kylie Maddox turned 2 years old last Saturday, July 21! I still can hardly believe it. She went in for her 2-year check-up yesterday and weighs about 25 1/2 pounds. The nurse measured her at 34.5 inches tall but I'm pretty sure she is no more than 33 inches. But, at 34.5 inches and 25.5 pounds, she is just under the 50th percentile for both. She had to get her blood drawn for a lead test. It was rough but now, no more blood draws or shots until she is 4 years old!

*Her vocabulary continues to grow by the day. Sometimes she talks in full four- or five-word sentences. Sometimes she just says two or three words together. Her doctor didn't ask me about her talking at her appointment yesterday (maybe because she was talking up a storm in the room) so I'm not sure if she is on track but I feel like she is doing fine!

*She loves playing with money! Not so much dollar bills as coins. She has a piggy bank that she loves taking the money out of and then putting it back in. She likes carrying money around in her pocket or her purse.

*Chris and I got her a battery-powered car for her birthday, and she won't play with it at all! A few months ago at a cousin's birthday party, she was riding all over the yard in her car so we were sure she'd love one. Not sure what changed. She will sit in it but if we try to push the pedal for her, she freaks and jumps out.

*She can say most of her body parts. She can say most of the colors but only identifies pink and purple correctly.

*She can dress and undress herself. Sometimes she puts her shirts on backwards but she always puts her shorts on correctly. She can almost put her socks on correctly and all the way. She also puts her shoes on the correct feet about 99% of the time, which still amazes me even after a couple months of her doing it.

*She loves playing dress-up. She doesn't really have any dress-up clothes (I should really get her some!) but she loves putting on other people's clothes...she even loves just changing outfits of her own clothes. She puts together the silliest outfits sometimes.

*She LOVES baby dolls. She probably has 20 but I swear she plays with every single one of them. And if their clothes can be taken off, they're currently naked.

*I think she is just about ready to potty train. We are going to wait a few more weeks to try, and we may not succeed but that's ok. I'm sure she is almost ready.

I'll post another blog soon about her birthday party and maybe some more updates if I can think of anymore!

This is my sweet girl on her 2nd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment