First off, I'm 16 weeks pregnant! It was a huge surprise but Chris and I are really excited now. So I've been battling "all day sickness" and haven't been up to blogging. However, I've gotten MUCH better in the last week or two, and I really only feel sick after dinner every night and then sometimes at different points throughout the day. For the most part, I'm just battling severe exhaustion, and I hope to be over that sometime soon, too. We found out 2 Fridays ago (August 17) that we are having a baby boy! We are thrilled to have one of each now because we are finished having children.
Besides that, life has been pretty busy it seems. Chris and I moved into our own place at the beginning of this month so we were busy getting settled in. Actually, we are still settling in. Because I was so sick and Chris was working so much, we still have a bit of unpacking to do. Anyway, the house just happens to be right next to my mom's house, which is really convenient (though, of course, Chris might argue with that ;) haha). After living with my mom for 16 months, and Kylie and I sharing a room that entire time, it has been really nice having our own space again. Kylie now has her own room, and so will Baby G, which is just great!
Kylie started the 2-year-old program at St. Thomas Episcopal Church, which is also where I work. She had a rough couple of days during drop-off just because it was a new place with new teachers but everyday since the 3rd day, she walks right in, grabs a baby doll, and tells me "Bye Mommy!" It is so nice to be able to drop her off and not worry. She is so excited everyday when I pick her up to show me her artwork. We've been putting all her artwork in sheet protectors and then into a cute little notebook I got from Hallmark several years ago to keep Chris' boot camp letters in.
Speaking of artwork, Kylie is so weird about fingerpainting! I figured this out over the summer when she went to VBS at a local church and refused to fingerpaint. She is not a fan of having anything on her body, especially her hands. Every night during bath time, she whines until I rinse the soap suds off of her. And anytime ANYTHING gets on her, she says, "Mama, I dirty." Great! She has this obsession with wanting to wash her hands all the time. I hope she grows out of this! She used to love getting dirty.
We have been having a hard time with her not listening lately. She obviously hears us and understands us but wants to show her independence a little too often. It's frustrating, and I wish she wouldn't test our patience so much but I know it's totally normal for a child her age. We are just staying persistent, and hopefully this is another thing she will grow out of!
Especially lately, Kylie has been craving Chris' attention so much. She looks at him for approval over almost everything, she just adores him, and she thinks he is so much fun and so funny. I love watching them interact. He loves Kylie so much and really acts like a 2-year-old himself when they play. Chris and I have been to hell, stayed a while, and came back but no matter what, Kylie doesn't know anything about that, and she loves him so unconditionally, and it just melts my heart. I'm so thankful that Chris is in her life because I grew up my whole life without my biological dad and still at 25 years old and with a step-dad who adopted me and has been in my life for 22 years, it still bothers me.
When Kylie was a baby, she really loved watching TV. Only a couple of shows but she was like an addict when they came on TV. But since she was just over a year old, she never watched TV. Nothing kept her attention the way it used to. That is, until a couple of weeks ago when she found a Yo Gabba Gabba DVD we bought her when she was like 14 months old (and by the way, she NEVER watched before), and she has been in love ever since. There are 4 episodes on the DVD, and I'm pretty sure we have seen each one about 9,000 times in the last 2 weeks. Every morning as soon as she wakes up, "I watch Yo Gabba Gabba." Every afternoon when we get home from school, every afternoon when she wakes up from her nap, ALL THE TIME, she tells me she wants to watch it. I ordered her some YGG Ty Beanie Babies that will hopefully come in soon. She is OBSESSED! But that's the only show, she won't really watch anything else. I really need to order some new episodes. I think I have these 4 totally memorized.
Chris, Kylie, and I went to the beach this weekend. Chris has to work Saturday mornings so we left after he got off work, and we came home tonight. It was so nice to get away, even if only for 24 hours! Kylie really enjoyed getting out into the water and jumping with the waves. She wasn't too fond of getting out into the water when we went for a week in June. I was SO SICK that week we went in June (I was 6-7 weeks pregnant) so it was really nice being able to actually enjoy myself this time!
Well, I'm about all blogged out for tonight. I need to get my behind in bed!
My favorite girl on the first day of school!
My little alien! 15 weeks, 1 day (8/17/12)


No comments:
Post a Comment