Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lots going on

Kylie is growing like a little weed. Especially the last couple of days, she just looks so big to me. I think she is getting taller. She'll be 9 months old next week. As of a couple weeks ago, she has officially spent more time outside in the world than she did inside her mommy :)

I have added cheese, egg yolks, spiral pasta, baby yogurt, bread, tortillas, chicken, watermelon, and rice to her diet. She is being weird about sweet potatoes again but it's one of my favorites so I'll keep trying.

She pulls up on EVERYTHING. I may have mentioned that before. And oh my goodness, the child is MOBILE!!! She crawls everywhere and gets into everything. And she crawls so fast. She looks like an iguana. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when she starts walking. I have several boxes of things Chris mailed me last week but haven't gotten here yet. In one of the boxes are outlet covers. So as of right now, none of the outlets are covered, and they are one of Kylie's favorite things to try to get into. She also likes getting into the dog and cat food and their water bowls. She definitely keeps me moving alllllll daayyyyy lonnnnnggg. I'm so worn out by the time she goes to bed but she is so much fun, and she has so much personality.

She went swimming for the first time this past weekend. The water is still pretty cold so I made my sister get in with her :) She thoroughly enjoyed it. I bought her a float the other day so we will be trying it out soon.

I joined a gym here in Thomasville. My sister was already a member so I thought it would be a good idea to join so we could work out together. It is really nice getting away for a little while everyday.

Kylie was terrified of Marley when we first got here. He was around for the first 5 months of her life, and she never acted scared of him. I guess because she is getting older and more aware of her surroundings, she probably notices him more than she used to. Anyway, it took her a couple of days but she did warm up to him. She loves chasing him around the house and playing with his feet and tail. He isn't too sure what to think about her just yet.

Kylie hasn't been napping well since we got here, and it has been a nightmare trying to get her to sleep some nights. It's so weird because she used to never nap and then we came here to visit in December, and she napped wonderfully everyday. We got back home to California and she went back to not napping for a little while but finally got back into a good napping routine. Well, ever since we got back to my mom's last week, she either doesn't nap all day and doesn't want to go to bed until 10 or 11 or she naps for maybe 45 minutes a day but still doesn't want to go to bed until really late.  *Edit...I started typing this earlier today and am glad to say she slept for 2 hours this afternoon. She was actually still asleep but I sent my sister in to wake her up because it was 5:00 pm, and I didn't want her to go to bed at midnight. She didn't go to sleep until 10:00 pm this evening so I've still got to work on that. I think she may still be stuck on California time in a way because she has been sleeping until like 9:00 in the mornings.

She is really cutting her first 2 teeth! A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a white dot on her bottom gum, and I kind of felt something but for several days after that, nothing more happened. So, I thought maybe it was a false alarm. I'm glad to say it isn't! Her teeth are coming through more everyday. I'm so excited!

She is also being really great around strangers now. She warms up to people very quickly and is quite the little ham.

And I'll end with some pictures...

First time swimming...with Aunt Summer

 Close-up!

Oh, I just love that sweet little smile. 

She has a funny look on her face...like "Yes? Can I help you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment