Thursday, October 20, 2011

15 months old!

Well, it's still the 20th but it's 11:00 pm so close enough to the 21st!


Kylie's check-up is next week but she is about the same height and weight as last month:  22.5 pounds and 30 1/4 inches.


New things:
*The child LOVES to play outside. She would literally stay outside all day if I let her.
*She says mama, dada, nye-nye (for night night), ba (for bath), yeah (when I ask her questions), and bye-bye. She used to say duck when she would see the faucet cover in the bath tub but she hasn't said that in a couple of months.
*She amazes me everyday how smart she is. A couple of examples...Earlier today she walked to the refrigerator and tried to pull it open. When she couldn't get it open (obviously), she walked to the counter and pointed to her cup so that I would know to get her some juice because she was thirsty. While we were in TX, she knew how to put a tub stopper in the drain in the bath tub. She picked it up off the side of the tub and put it in the drain exactly how it was supposed to go. We don't even have those kinds of tub stoppers at home!
*She loves shutting doors behind her when she goes into a room. 
*She gets a big laugh out of saying bye-bye, walking into another room, and then sneaking back around the corner to scare/surprise us.
*She loves when I say "Where's Kylie? Kylie, come here! Where are you?" when I am sitting right beside her. She always grunts so that I'll look at her, and then she laughs when I say "Oh there you are! I didn't see you!"
*She catches on very quickly when learning new things. I literally have to show her how something works just one time before she learns how to do it herself.
*She can point out the kitty, the dog, the bunny, and sometimes the fish in her First 100 Animals book. And if I see a picture of a cat or dog on a poster or whatever or ask her where the kitty is at our house or where Daisy and Marley (our dogs) are, she can point them out to me.
*She is starting to run. She is still a little clumsy when she tries to run but she is getting better.
*She still takes 1 nap a day. Some days she doesn't nap at all but she naps more days than not. She usually naps from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. And she has been sleeping wonderfully at night most nights! And please don't let me jinx myself but she has been sleeping until 9:00 am or later every morning! I have no idea where this came from but it has been going on several weeks. She goes to bed at the same time, 8:00 pm, but has been sleeping a lot longer at night. Maybe she is making up for the morning nap she gave up a few months ago? I don't know but it's nice!
*She recently moved up to a size 4 shoe.
*She wears mostly 18 months tops (a few 12 months tops) and 12 months bottoms. She can wear some 18 months bottoms but most are too big.
*Her hair is finally long enough to put in pigtails!
*She has 8 teeth:  the four front on the top and the four front on the bottom.
*She seems to understand so much of what I say even though she can't say much. 
*She loves "talking" on her play cell phone.
*She loves to help clean up.
*She loves wearing shoes! My shoes, her shoes, anybody's shoes. And her favorites are flip flops. Don't most kids not like little thongs between their toes? Well not this kid! She couldn't care less. She has always loved just walking around in her diaper but now her shoes are a must, too.
*She loves flipping the light switch above the couch. She is so easily amused.


Pigtails!

My happy girl!





No comments:

Post a Comment