Wow, I feel like I've been blogging a lot lately!
Yesterday I moved Kylie's hair to look at the hemangioma on her head. I do that every few weeks just to check on its progress. Every doctor she has ever seen has told me it should involute when it finishes growing. So anyway, yesterday I could not believe how much smaller it has gotten. There was a pretty big blood pocket underneath it, and it's almost gone now. I am so glad! Not that it REALLY matters because her hair covers it now but I'm just so thankful it's going away.
Kylie has been really warming up to people much quicker lately. Today she and I went to pick up something from a lady she had never met, and she immediately started "talking" the lady's ear off. Then we went to Chris' parents' house tonight, and she was running around with Chris' mom in their yard and playing with Chris' dad and brothers like she has never done before.
We are down to just one bottle a day! My original plan was for Kylie to be completely off the bottles at like 10 or 11 months buuuuuuut things just didn't work out that way. She has been down to 2 bottles a day for several months (one right before nap and one right before bedtime). Today was day #4 with no bottle before nap. The first 3 days were pretty rough. The 3rd day was the roughest. I've read that day 3 is the day they realize what's going on and get the most upset when you're taking anything away from them. Anyway, today was just fine. She didn't whine one bit and fell right to sleep after I laid her down. That bedtime bottle is probably going to about kill me but I'm determined! I don't mind still giving her milk before bed...just not in a bottle. Hopefully it won't be as bad as I imagine!
We didn't go trick-or-treating or dress up this year. Kylie is just too young to understand Halloween but I definitely plan to do all that fun stuff next year!
I cannot believe tomorrow is November 1. How can that be? I was talking to Chris earlier this evening, and I told him that it seems like just last week it was the end of 2009, and we found out I was pregnant with Kylie. And then last year, at the end of 2010, we had a 5 month old. And at the end of this year, we will have a 17 month old! It's just crazy how fast time passes us by. And in just 4 short months, Chris gets out of the Marines for good. I cannot believe he has been in almost 4 years. Time needs to slow down a little bit!!!
And speaking of Chris...things have been going well since I left CA on October 4. We have had a few rough patches but I am quite pleased with how things have been going. We are taking things a day at a time and not jumping back into anything. It's nearly impossible to work on anything anyway being 2300 miles apart so I'm looking forward to him getting out of the Marines and moving back. Things are moving very slowly between us but that's how it needs to be right now, and I'm content.
I applied for a job today. I applied for 3 different jobs at one business back in July but never heard ANYTHING back. I was overqualified for those jobs so I'm not sure why they didn't even call me. Maybe that's why? Maybe they thought I'd expect more pay than what they'd be willing to give me. Anyway, the job I applied for today was a little bit of a hassle. I had to write a cover letter, revamp my resume, and get 3 letters of professional reference. I finally got everything together, and I hope I hear something back soon.
Glad things are going well with you and Chris! Hope that you're able to keep moving forward even when yall are apart and that once he moves back yall can really work things out! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear things are going well for you all. I can't imagine how hard it must be to keep a relationship together when you are always so far apart. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!
ReplyDelete