Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Being Sick Stinks!

I noticed Kylie was acting kind of puny when we woke up Sunday morning. She just wasn't acting her normal self and was pretty fussy and clingy. We had made plans to go with my best friend Whitney to a birthday party in Abbeville, GA (about 2 hours away), and I texted Whit that morning to tell her I didn't think Kylie was feeling well and that I was going to keep an eye on here to see if we should still go. She seemed alright as the morning went on so we went, and she acted like she felt better as the day went on. After I put her to bed Sunday night, she kept waking up and one time when she woke up, she was really warm. So I took her temperature, and it was like 103. I gave her some Motrin but she continued to wake up about every 30 minutes for the entire night. When we woke up Monday morning, she was super fussy, just wanted me to hold her, and her fever almost wouldn't go away even with the Motrin. I called in to work (for the first time ever!) and decided I should probably take her to the doctor's office. She has an ear infection in her left ear so the nurse practitioner prescribed some amoxicillin. She was pretty puny the rest of Monday, and she kept a fever until last night so she couldn't go to day care this morning. My cousin Andrea came over this morning to watch Kylie while I went to work. She seems to be feeling better and hasn't had a fever at all today but she still looks sick and definitely isn't her normal self yet. I'm hoping she wakes up feeling a little better tomorrow!

And then yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat. I figured it was probably just my sinuses draining from allergies. This morning I woke up feeling worse. A little hoarse, nose is running constantly, coughing, just feeling blah. Everything is clear so I still think it's probably just allergies but it really stinks being sick! And being sick and having a sick baby stinks even more!

Cuddling on the couch watching Barney music videos yesterday.

I asked her if she was sleepy, and she shook her head violently. About 30 seconds later, this...

No comments:

Post a Comment