We had a great first appointment with the new pediatrician. She is super nice, and we were really impressed.
Kylie weighs 12 pounds, 14 ounces and is 24 1/4 inches long. She has grown 7 1/4 inches since she was born! I was pretty amazed about that. I didn't know she was supposed to get any vaccinations today but she got 4 shots and 1 oral vaccination. Her poor legs!
The pediatrician gave us the go-ahead to start trying to introduce cereal. I didn't plan on starting anything until she is 7 1/2 months (adding the 6 weeks to the recommended 6 months) but I think that's too late. Kylie has not met most of the milestones that I've been told babies are supposed to meet before starting any cereal or baby food, like sitting up on her own, opening her mouth for the spoon, being able to close her mouth around the spoon, putting toys in her mouth, etc. One of my friends started her baby on cereal when she was 4 months, and I know many people who put cereal in their babies' bottles. But, I just don't think I'm ready yet.
I really hate that Chris and I are spending Thanksgiving without our families again. I'll be so glad when we get back to the east coast and won't have to worry about missing all these birthdays and holidays! (Chris has officially decided he does not want to re-enlist.) Chris went to the grocery store tonight and got all our food for Thanksgiving. I'm definitely excited about all the good food we're going to eat!
The past couple of days, Kylie has been "talking" and squealing so much more. I tried uploading a video I recorded today but I keep getting an error message. Maybe I'll try uploading it to Facebook tomorrow.
Go with your instincts! 4 months is pretty early. People do it all the time but personally from what I read with Addison it should be closer to 6 months. I think Addison was 5 1/2 months when I did cereal. Glad you like your new pediatrician! Just remember that you don't have to say yes to things even if the doctor recommends. 5 vaccines is a lot for a little baby's immune system to take on at once. Next time if you feel more comfortable just suggest splitting them up. (Totally up to you, just a suggestion!)
ReplyDelete