Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Today is [obviously] Kylie's first Thanksgiving! She has spent almost the entire time doing this while Chris has been cooking...

Haha. She has been getting/staying up much more than usual during the night (and not making up for it in naps during the day) so I hope she's catching up on her sleep.

This year, I am thankful for...
A beautiful, healthy little girl named Kylie. She is the joy of my life, and I am so very thankful God wrapped his arms around her and kept her safe when she was so sick coming into this world. I'm also thankful that her fussiness has dramatically decreased and that she is such a smiling and laughing baby!

A wonderful man named Chris. I am so glad he chose me to be his wife. We have definitely gone through some rough times in the past 5 1/2 years but as each day passes, we learn more about each other, how to communicate better, and how to meet each other's needs better. He works so hard and provides so much for our little family.

My family and friends. I have the best family and friends I could ask for. They support me, love me, care about me, and accept me. I really don't know what I would do without them.

Being able to stay home with Kylie. I'm so thankful Chris has a good-paying job that allows me to stay home with Kylie. I hate the thought of putting her in daycare (though when we have another child, he/she will probably go into daycare early because I plan to start a career when Chris gets out of the military...I can't let this bachelor's degree go to waste!). But for now, I'm so glad to be able to spend all day with her, even though I'm always tired :)

Being able to go home for a month! As I've said before, Chris and I really didn't think we'd be able to go home for Christmas this year. But not only are we going home for Christmas, Kylie and I are able to go home for over a month! I hate that Chris has to stay behind for the first 18 days but I'm so excited for everyone to meet Kylie! I'm also so excited to see my family and friends, some of whom I saw in July but others I haven't seen since April or before.

Almost being done with my bachelor's degree. When I transfered into the University of Phoenix in September 2008, I had 69 credits but they only accepted 30! I felt like I had wasted so much time. But with hard work and determination, I got an Associate of Arts in Business in August 2009 and will be finished with a Bachelor of Science in Business/Finance in June 2011. I really want to get a master's degree but I'm so burnt out on school right now so I am so thankful to almost be done for a little while!

I'm obviously thankful for many, MANY other things but these are the main ones :)

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment