Monday, November 1, 2010

What would you do?

I've mentioned before that Kylie has syndactyly on both of her feet. Her 2nd and 3rd toes are fused together. Not all the way but almost all the way on one foot and a little less than halfway on the other foot. I keep going back and forth between wanting to get it fixed and not worrying about it. I'm pretty sure it won't affect her walking but I don't want her to be made fun of when she's older. Here's a picture of the foot where the toes are more fused. Sorry it's blurry but you get the idea.


If your baby had syndactyly, what would you do?


2 comments:

  1. I guess it would depend on what is involved to fix it. If it were risky and a big deal, then I would leave it. If it was just a simply thing, I would probably fix it. Things like that can be harder for girls and every time she wore flip flops people would see. However, I have seen a girl who went to my college whose toes looked like that because she wore flip flops all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would ask the new doctor you are going to get for her.

    ReplyDelete