The flight to Georgia was SO much better than I could have ever imagined. My dog Daisy was 1000 times worse than Kylie could ever dream about being! Not really but as you know, she LOVES attention, and airports are full of prospective attention-givers. :)
Yesterday, I had to wake up at 3:30 am to get ready and had to wake up Kylie at 4:15 am to get her ready and feed her. We left for the airport at 4:40 am and got to the airport at 5:30 am. One of the two main things I was worried about was going through security by myself (the other was Kylie screaming on the planes). Usually security at the San Diego airport is really packed. I had Kylie, a stroller, Kylie's diaper bag, Daisy, and Daisy's carrier. I had to hold Daisy and Kylie while I went through the metal detector. Everything else, including my shoes, had to go through the x-ray machine. (We dropped Marley off at the x-ray machine area for the curbside check-in luggage.) It was quite a feat going through security but some of the TSA employees helped me, and hardly anybody was in line! We got to the gate, and Kylie had fallen asleep in her stroller. When it was time to board the plane, Kylie got a little fussy so I fed her, she played for about 20 minutes, and slept the remainder of the 4 hour flight! We flew into Atlanta and had a short layover. I fed Kylie again and by the time we got from Terminal A to Terminal D, it was almost time to board the flight to Valdosta. I fed her the rest of the bottle I'd fixed when we got on the plane, and she slept the rest of that flight, too! (It was only about a 30 minute flight.)
The only complaint I have about the trip was... Daisy was considered my "carry-on." With Delta, you are allowed to bring on the plane 1 carry-on and 1 personal item, such as a purse or a laptop. You can put as much under the seat in front of you that will fit but everything else has to go in the overhead compartments. Well, Daisy takes up the entire area undearneath the seat. And, I got stuck with a window seat so I couldn't readily access Kylie's diaper bag if I put it in an overhead compartment. Then, as I was getting on the plane, they said ALL the overhead compartment space was full so we'd have to put anything that wouldn't fit under the seat under the plane, and we'd get it back when the plane landed. So, I asked the guy at the end of the jetway to put her diaper bag under the plane like they'd requested, and I grabbed a smaller bag I'd placed in her diaper bag that had bottles, formula, toys, a burp cloth, etc., and I just planned to keep it in the seat with me (you're not supposed to do that but I HAD to have those things with me.) Well apparently, the guy who took the diaper bag CHECKED it instead of marking it so that I'd get it back as soon as I got off the plane in Atlanta (meaning that instead, I wouldn't get the diaper bag back until I got to Valdosta). Well, her diaper bag had her diapers, her wipes, and my wallet in it. Needless to say, pee was leaking out of her diaper by the time I got to Valdosta, and her onesie and pants were wet (She went almost 12 hours without a diaper change...ugh!). I was also unable to eat lunch because I didn't have my wallet.
Today, Chris' granddaddy, David, and his wife, Terry, came to my mom's to visit Kylie. Later in the afternoon, Kylie and I went to Jackie's (Chris' mom) work. Everyone commented on how big she is. Really, she's quite small for her age but she has almost tripled her birth weight! My best friend Whitney came over for a little while. And then, Kylie and I went to Chris' parents' house to visit with them, Chris' brothers, Chris' grandmother, and Chris' uncle. It was a big day for us! We aren't used to running around so much but I am so glad everyone is finally able to meet Kylie!
No comments:
Post a Comment