In 6 short days, Kylie will be 17 months old! I weighed her yesterday and measured her last night, and she is 23.4 pounds and 31.5" tall. She has been thinning out quite a bit and not looking so chunky.
Here are some new things she is doing (or things she has been doing for a while but I forgot to blog about)...
*She recently learned all the hand motions of The Wheels on the Bus.
*She loves the song Baa Baa Black Sheep, and when she wants me to play it on the Hooplakidz YouTube channel, she starts singing "Baa Baa."
*The screen saver on my mom's computer is set to come on after like 3 minutes, and Kylie somehow learned that if she moves the mouse, the screen saver will go off so now when she's listening to/watching Hooplakidz and the screen saver comes on, she just moves the mouse a little bit and goes back to dancing and watching the video.
*She also figured out how to lock my mom's car by pressing the lock button on the keyless entry remote. She has been doing that for a couple of months but I forgot to blog about it. She knows exactly what button to press, and she knows to press it twice to make the horn beep when it locks. She thinks it's really funny because the dogs start barking every time because they think someone has pulled up at the house.
*Last week she started saying "Meh-Meh" for Mimi (Chris' mom).
*She has also learned to say fish, shoe, and baby. She continues to try to mock so much of what I say.
*Last Friday we were at my cousin's house baking and decorating cookies. I was at the sink washing my hands and when I finished, I turned around and Kylie had figured out how to open the door! She was at the door by herself so I know she did it on her own. I was in such amazement so I pulled out my cell phone, started recording, and told her to do it again...and she did! Thankfully the door knobs at my cousin's house are different than the ones at our house. Plus, she can't quite reach the door knobs at our house. But it won't be long, and I'll need to childproof the doors!
*She likes to plug in and unplug things! This is definitely not a good thing. I keep those plastic plugs in all the open outlets but like, for example, the Christmas tree lights are plugged into an outlet that she can access. So, she likes to unplug them and then plug them back in. I'm always getting after her about that.
*She loves getting her hair "dried" with the blow dryer. She brings me my hair dryer or tries to plug it in (thankfully the plastic covers are in the outlets, though) to show me she wants me to "dry" her hair.
*She knows so many things around the house and outside! I try to teach her new things every single day, and she catches on so quickly. I know I say that all the time but she just amazes me. The other day she was playing with my mom's car keys and when I needed them, I couldn't find them. So I asked her where the keys were, and she went right over to where she'd left them, picked them up, and brought them to me. I was so surprised because she hadn't been playing with them for a while! But anyway, she is able to point out the pool, the grill, doors, windows, the bath tub, the Christmas tree, the TV, the coffee table, the couch, lamps and lights, ceiling fans, her crib, the vacuum, etc. I could go on forever! And she LOVES pointing stuff out. She gets so tickled every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment