My mom bought a fake tree for the very first time this year, and thank goodness she did! We could not keep Kylie and my sister's kitten out of the tree and presents! After 2 days, my mom and I decided to take off the bottom half of the tree and put just the top half in the stand and then on a table. It worked great! Hopefully next year we can put up the whole tree. My mom's coworker's wife told us this was the first year they've put their tree on the floor. They have a 5 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. This year they told the kids if they crossed over the edge of the tree skirt, they weren't getting any presents haha. That's a pretty good idea!
On Christmas Eve, Chris, Kylie, and I went to Chris' aunt Cheryl's house to eat and exchange presents. I got a really cute overnight bag, and Chris and I got money. Kylie got a stuffed bunny rabbit, a Baby Alive Splash N Giggle doll, and clothes and tights. I got Kylie a set of really cute Christmas jammies that she opened on Christmas Eve, too. Our family has had a tradition for as long as I can remember that on Christmas Eve we get to open one gift, and it's always pajamas so we can wear them that night.
Santa brought Kylie a kitchen set, a vacuum cleaner, a table and chairs, a bean bag, a sit and spin, a grocery cart, a bounce and spin zebra, a doll, blocks, a storage bench, a baby stroller, and a tent. When Kylie walked out into the living room on Christmas morning and saw all the unwrapped Santa presents, her face just lit up, and she got so excited! Her other presents from Chris, my mom, Chris' parents, and me were...a slide, TONS of clothes, several pairs of shoes, a talking Cookie Monster, a LeapTop computer, baby dolls, coloring books and crayons, a wooden bookshelf, food for the kitchen, a Mr. Potato head, a remote-controlled car, a second sit and spin, a second tent, a ball pit tent, and an Aquadoodle. And then in her stocking was some plastic bracelets, bead necklaces, a couple of books, stickers, etch-a-sketch, snack bowl, and a squishy ball thing.
Chris and I got some really awesome gifts, too! We all made out like little bandits.
Santa brought/I bought Kylie a book for her stocking about the REAL meaning of Christmas. I am excited for her to learn what Christmas is really about. When she's older, I am going to make Christmas about a birthday party for Jesus instead of just a day of opening presents for ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment