Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weight Loss

I've blogged several times about my weight loss journey, and now I'm going to start using my blog as an outlet because I really feel like it will help me stay on top of my weight loss. I had surgery back in June and since I was given the ok from my doctor to go back to working out (4 or 6 weeks after surgery), I have been TWICE! It's just really hard for me to get to the gym now that I've got Kylie. Before I had her, I went to the gym twice a day most days. THANKFULLY I have stayed the same weight in the last several months but I've still got about 20-25 pounds I want to lose. Lately I have had no energy at all, and I know it probably has so much to do with the fact that I don't exercise or eat as well as I should. I'm cancelling my gym membership today because I just never go anymore and when I do, I just walk on the treadmill because I'm too self-conscious to use the weights haha.

Other moms...please give me some advice on how you stay on top of your weight besides going to the gym! I'm thinking about getting some workout DVDs to do at home, and I thought about going walking with Kylie during the day. My sister has a Wii and a Wii Fit system so I thought about using those to help me work out, too.

I don't need to lose a ton of weight so my initial goal is just going to be my full goal of 20-25 pounds. I'm hoping to lose at least 2 pounds a week, which will put me meeting my goal around February 26-March 11. I feel like if I have some accountability by writing in my blog about my journey, I'll be more likely to lose the weight. I hope I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment