Kylie and I are officially flying to Georgia on December 1. I am so excited about going but not so excited about the ride over there, haha. Marley will be underneath the plane, Daisy will be underneath the seat in front of me, and Kylie will be in my lap. Marley has flown once before, and he did pretty well. Daisy has flown a bunch, and she does great. However, dealing with Daisy and Kylie together might be a challenge. In the past, in the airport between flights, I've unzipped Daisy's carrier to let her stick her head out of her carrier or let her get out of her carrier and lay in my lap but I won't be able to do that now that I'll have Kylie, too. Daisy gets a little antsy because of her ears popping so it will be hard for me to comfort her while Kylie is in my lap, too. (Daisy has to stay under the seat the entire duration of the flight so I have to stay bent over during take-off, ascent, descent, and landing to pet her and keep her from barking because of her popping ears. Not sure how I'll manage this on this flight.) I chose a flight that had the shortest layover in Atlanta and that would not include Kylie's fussy time at night. Overall, I think the trip will be alright but I'm still nervous!
Chris may not be going to the course in Virginia anymore. There is a 50% chance either way and because he won't know until the last minute, we decided it was best for me to go ahead and purchase my ticket. Plus, the ticket was pretty cheap and down $41 from yesterday. He is pretty confident that he'll get leave for Christmas (and if not for Christmas, then at the beginning of January) so he'll fly to Georgia if/when he gets leave, and then we'll fly back to California together. If by some chance he doesn't get leave, I'll just fly back here before Christmas. So I just bought a one-way ticket and will hopefully not have to pay an arm and a leg for my ticket back and Chris' ticket to/from California for buying them at the last minute.
I really think this soy formula is working. I hope I'm not speaking too soon but Kylie seems to be much happier since she has been on it. We still have the fussiness at night (although gripe water helps a LOT) but that's common for a lot of babies. She is also back to staying awake more during the day so I'm really glad about that.
Daisy has been acting really depressed and jealous the past couple of days. It started when she got home from the groomer's Saturday. Since Kylie came home, Chris and I have tried giving both Daisy and Marley the same amount of attention we did before Kylie was here. I think we've done a pretty good job but for some reason, Daisy has been needing some extra attention since Saturday.
Girl, bless you!! I wouldn't want to take that trip alone. It already sounds like a crazy blog post is coming. haha But you will do great and you can do anything for a day! :) I have started giving Weston gripe water at night, it's helped, but like you said it is just the most common time for babies to be fussy.
ReplyDeletei flew from San Fran to Texas to Pensacola with 2 kids. You will do fine! You just gotta stay calm and know it won't last forever. I had to keep apologizing to the people sitting in front of Cole because he kicked their seats for 4 hours! Good luck!
ReplyDelete