Sunday, October 24, 2010

Life sure has changed...but I love it :)

Chris and I planned a nice dinner out at Olive Garden tonight. We hadn't been out on a date since before Kylie was born and even though she was going to be with us, we were excited about going to dinner together. A couple of hours before we left, I kept telling Chris I didn't think Kylie would cooperate so he said that if she was fussy around the time we were going to leave, he'd just go pick up the food and bring it back home. 5:00 pm rolled around, and Kylie was smiling and in a good mood so we decided to head to Olive Garden. I hung a singing toy from her carseat, and she watched it and listened to it the entire way to Olive Garden. As soon as we walked in the door, she started crying. Haha. Just our luck! We sat down in a booth and when the waitress came to take our drink order, we apologized and told her we'd have to get our dinner to-go because Kylie wouldn't stop fussing. I took her outside and walked around with her while Chris waited for the food. I got to talk to a really nice couple who had a 1 month old boy. And an older lady (probably in her 70s or 80s) came up to me and told me how cute Kylie was and asked me how old HE was. Lol. Mind you, Kylie was wearing a PINK onesie with a PINK and brown bib on. But I know stuff like that happens all the time so I just giggled and corrected her.

Earlier this week, Chris made an appointment for today for Daisy to get groomed and Marley to get his nails trimmed. The dogs have to be up-to-date on all their shots to go to the groomer's, and Marley was due for his rabies vaccination, and Daisy was due for all her yearly shots. I had to drop the dogs off by 9:00 am this morning so I had to take them to the vet on Thursday because I wouldn't have time this morning (I usually take them to the vet on Saturdays and especially so now that we have Kylie). So anyway, both dogs had an appointment Thursday, and I had Kylie with me. AHHHHH! I'll never be doing that again! Marley got mange about a year ago and had to get a very painful shot every 2 weeks for 6 weeks. He didn't mind going to the vet until then. Now, as soon as we walk into the door, he sniffs and darts back out. As I've mentioned before, Daisy thinks every person she comes into contact with has to pet her. So, I'm carrying Kylie in her carseat, I'm literally dragging Marley into the lobby, and Daisy is jumping around barking at the lady sitting in the lobby waiting for her dog. I'm sure it was a sight to see. Marley was just all over the place once we got in the room so the vet tech put him in a kennel in the back. Marley has separation anxiety so he barked non-stop for like 15 minutes while Daisy got her shots and I talked to the veterinarian. I was so glad to get out of there!

A few weeks ago, I ordered an mp3 of white noise off purewhitenoise.com. It really helps Kylie fall asleep and STAY asleep. However, both our laptops are in the living room. One is hooked up to the TV and the other (my high school graduation present from my mom so it's 5 1/2 years old) overheats so it has to sit on a box fan while it's on (ghetto, I know...don't hate!). So because it's not feasible for us to move one of the laptops in Kylie's room every time she goes to sleep, I've been telling Chris since I got the mp3 that I wanted him to download it on one of his iPods so we could hook it up to some speakers and put it in Kylie's room. She has been having a hard time staying asleep for as long as I can remember, except when she's in the living room with the white noise on. After laying Kylie down 3 or 4 times tonight and her waking up just a few minutes later, Chris finally put the mp3 on his iPhone and has it hooked up to some speakers playing in her room. I layed her down about half an hour ago, and she's still asleep! That mp3 was the best $9.99 I have spent in a long time!

1 comment:

  1. We completely stopped eating out for several months after Addison was born. Just wasn't worth it because the evenings were such terrible times for her and couldn't actually eat at the same time. But life goes on. And it still amazes me how many people would ask if Addison was a boy and now if Weston is a girl! lol Hope the white noise helps! Addison sleeps with a box fan because she is such a light sleeper, unfortunately we waited too long to give this to her because I'm sure it would have helped us earlier on.

    ReplyDelete