I'll be pretty busy tomorrow so I figured I'd go ahead and update...
Kylie will be 3 months old tomorrow! Sometimes I feel like I just had her last week but other times I feel like she should be 5 years old by now :) We don't have a check-up with the doctor this month. Her next check-up appointment is next month. We're getting pictures taken tomorrow! I'm planning to get professional pictures of her taken at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months, and then once a year after that. There is a great photographer out here named Michele who has FANTASTIC prices. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be able to get pictures taken so often so I am truly thankful.
I don't think the new formula is working with Kylie's fussiness. I told Chris tonight that it seems to me that she's still crying an awful lot but he said he noticed she has been crying less.
Chris is back on the re-enlistment kick. I have mixed feelings about it. If he re-enlists, he'd get stationed at Camp Lejeune, NC, and that's definitely more manageable than California. I am really thankful for the experience we have gotten in California but when I begged Chris to pick California as his duty station, I didn't realize how long 3 years and 4 months was actually going to be. We are almost 2 years into this duty station but it feels like it has been FOREVER. Re-enlistment has its pros and cons so I guess he'll just have to figure out which outweighs the other.
He found out today that he is supposed to go to a course in Virginia for a couple of weeks in December. If everything works out, Kylie and I will be flying to Georgia while he's gone. He wants me to stay in Georgia the entire month of December, and he'll fly to Georgia after the course is finished in Virginia so we can all spend Christmas and New Year's in Georgia. There are several things to work out before we make a final decision about all of it but I am super excited about the thought of being able to let Kylie meet everyone! I didn't think we'd be able to fly back to Georgia for a while, and I was really bummed about that. Anyway, though Chris is really excited about the course, it means that he'll more than likely be moving to another unit to deploy early next year. As some of you may know, Chris was set for a deployment earlier this year and just a couple of weeks before they left, Chris got taken off the deployment. Long story that I'd rather not go into. But now looking at the situation, I'm really thankful he didn't end up deploying because he would have missed Kylie's birth and the first 3 1/2 months of her life. Plus, with him being stateside, I was in California instead of Georgia when Kylie was born, and we are close to a fantastic children's hospital that Kylie went to for the first 3 days of her life (it was the only hospital around that had the equipment to save her), and we would have been 4 hours away from a hospital like this in Georgia. ANYWAYS, for some reason I feel more comfortable about him deploying than I ever have before. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather him never deploy. But when you marry someone in the military or your spouse goes into the military after you've married, it's just a part of the life you have to accept. He'll find out 100% if he's going on the deployment after the course in December so we'll see. There are lots of possible changes coming with the possible deployment and possible re-enlistment and if you know me, I hate not being in control of situations! It's really hard for me to give up control but I know I need to hand it all to God, and He will help us make all the right decisions. That especially stands true when you live the military life!
School is definitely hard to handle with a baby. I can't get any work done during the day and when Chris gets home, I cook dinner, we take turns eating, we hang out and spend time with Kylie, I give Kylie a bath, etc. So I usually have to wait until Kylie goes to bed to do my school work, and sometimes by the time I get her to bed, I'm so exhausted that school work is the last thing I want to do! I will be SO freaking happy when I get that degree and never have to look at school work again...unless I decide to get a master's degree but that will be a while from now, haha.
Chris and I were able to pay off two debts that were costing us a good bit of money each month. I am so very thankful to have that weight off my shoulders!
Ok, I think I've updated all I can think to update about. Plus, it's time for Kylie to eat. 'Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment