Things have pretty much been the same ol' same ol' at the Dupriest house.
I finally figured out why Kylie hated baths so much. I wasn't putting enough water in her bath tub so she was just cold. When I started filling it up more, she started thoroughly enjoying bath time. I get kind of scared having so much water in her tub because one little slip could spell disaster but I keep an extremely close watch over her so I'm sure it's fine.
After bath time last night, she was laying on the changing table, and I noticed the bulge of the hernia kind of sticking out so I gently pressed on it and felt *whatever it is* go back into the hole. It kind of freaked me out. I feel so bad for her, and I hope it's not causing her any pain.
Today we made our first visit as a family to the dog park. I thought it would be quite uneventful but boy, was I wrong! I bought a baby carrier last week, and Kylie loves hanging out in it so for the first few minutes at the dog park, she was in the carrier. Before we even made it in the gate to the dog park, Marley decided he needed to use the bathroom. In California, it's a state law that you pick up your dog's "droppings," and Marley thinks it's necessary to use the bathroom at least 4 times at the dog park, and usually at least once right outside the entrance gate. You'd think he could wait 20 feet but I think he does it just to be difficult. When we finally got in the dog park, Marley was more hyper than usual, and Daisy thinks everyone in the dog park needs to pet her so she walks around to everyone, barking at them until they bend down and love on her. So I chase her around trying to get her to go play with the DOGS (I really think Daisy thinks she is a human) and that starts everyone asking me how old she is and then being in amazement because she's 2 and still so small and then they just can't get over how sweet she is and blah blah blah. It's kind of annoying, haha. Kylie started fussing so I took her out of the baby carrier, and Chris wanted to hold her. After a few minutes of playing fetch with Marley, I looked over and Kylie had spit up all over Chris' shirt. I didn't take a diaper bag because Kylie had just eaten and just had her diaper changed, and we only stay at the dog park for about an hour anyway. So I used her shirt to clean off her mouth, and Chris went to the car to change. While Chris was changing, a guy and girl from Kahoots Pet Store showed up to give away free dog food and coupons so Marley was following the girl around, trying to get the food out of her bag. (Marley acts like a bottomless pit. He seriously acts like he is starving and dehydrated all the time.) So I'm holding Kylie, trying to dodge all the dogs running around while chasing Marley away from the girl. Let's just say we won't be doing that again, haha.
Kylie is hoarse. I have no idea why. I mean, come on...she's 11 weeks old for goodness sake! Her cry started getting hoarse a few days ago and then she was coughing a little and then I felt her back kind of rattling so I took her to the doctor on Thursday, and she said everything was fine. Kylie's nose has been stopped up for weeks. We have like 10 bulb syringes, and none of them are strong enough to get anything out. Anyway, the doctor said that the mucus in her nose was probably just running down the back of her throat, and she gave us a hospital-grade bulb syringe. WAHOO! Those things are VERY hard to find. Anyway, so the hoarseness got worse today. Maybe it's from the drainage. The doctor didn't seem too concerned about it. She sounds pitiful, though.
Chris and I talked about passing out candy for Halloween but I'm not sure if we're going to or not. The first year we were married, we lived in an apartment, and I think I remember us buying a bunch of candy, and NOBODY showed up at our door. Our 2nd Halloween together, Chris was out here in California in school for the Marine Corps, and I didn't do anything special. And last year, I don't think we did anything. We live in an apartment again, and I just don't think anyone would show up. There is no way for us to cut off the light in front of our apartment so there would be no way for people to know if the people who live in our complex are passing out candy or not, and I don't think anybody would just go around to all the apartments ringing doorbells to see who had candy. There are lots of kids in our complex but I imagine they will probably pick a neighborhood to go trick-or-treating in so we'll probably just hang out at home and maybe watch a scary movie.
Well, I guess that about wraps up all the updates for now. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment