Thursday, March 3, 2011

Updates

Kylie and I are both feeling under the weather. Kylie has had a runny nose and has been congested for a couple of weeks but it was clear so I was pretty sure it was allergies. Yesterday morning "it" turned to green so I took her to the doctor, and she has an ear infection in her left ear. We got an antibiotic so hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. She's been pretty cranky but I don't blame her! My throat has just been hurting. It feels like it's from sinus drainage but I've taken Claritin D and some prescription Naproxen, and it just won't go away. My nose isn't even running or stuffy so I just don't know what it is. Chris has been in the field since Monday and will be there until this Monday so it sucks having to do everything alone when I don't feel well.

Kylie's 2nd physical therapy appointment was today. More massaging, stretching, and bending. The PT said her daughter was exactly like Kylie so she is confident the high muscle tone will go away. She said Kylie just seems to be very sensitive to external stimuli and tightens up her already strong muscles when she doesn't like something or feels uncomfortable. The pediatrician told me she still wants us to see a neurologist (I didn't have the chance to tell her about the PT's findings because she was asking me about the referrals as I was leaving and as she was walking into another patient's room). Thankfully it was a lot easier finding a pediatric neurologist than it was finding a pediatric PT. I got everything set up with our insurance and will call back in the morning to set up an appointment. The PT said she'd be really surprised if the neurologist found anything so I'm just praying she's right.

On April 1, we are moving to another town about 15-20 miles from where we've lived the past 2 years. Our lease with this apartment is over at the end of this month, thank goodness! Our new apartment is $305 cheaper per month than what we pay now. It's a bit smaller than where we live now but Chris will be out in a year or less so I'd rather put up with less room for cheaper rent.

I set up and paid for an appointment with a photographer back in Thomasville for Kylie's 1-year pictures because we are planning to fly home for a week for her birthday. I've been admiring the photographer's pictures for a few years so I am super excited for this session. And we're going to get a few family pictures taken, too. We don't have ANY right now.

I entered Kylie into a picture contest that the photographer we use out here is doing. Right now, she is in first place! I really hope she wins. Second place is 15 votes behind, and third place is 69 votes behind, haha. The contest ends Saturday. The winner will receive a $50 gift card to the photographer's studio. I act like she's going to win a million dollars if she wins (I've been almost harassing people to vote).

No comments:

Post a Comment