There is so much going on right now! I think I'd lose my head if it wasn't attached.
Kylie has been pulling up on EVERYTHING. She also crawls all over the house. She goes 90 miles an hour from the minute she wakes up until the minute she goes to bed. She keeps me moving all day long and although I'm so tired all the time, I am so thankful to have such an active little girl.
She talks all the time. She says "da-da" by itself and "da-da" over and over; "ma-muh" by itself and "ma-ma" over and over; the "t" sound over and over; and "ba-ba" over and over. She also makes other sounds but these are the ones she makes the most.
We have added broccoli and cantaloupe to her diet. She wasn't too fond of the broccoli at first but she seems to like it now. I'm glad because that's one of my favorite vegetables! She was starting to pinch things with her thumb and forefinger (pincer grasp) so we bought her some Gerber Graduates snacks to help her learn to feed herself. She caught on the very first time! I was really surprised. So I'm going to start trying some more finger foods. I can't believe she is old enough to start feeding herself.
I think Kylie is cutting her first tooth. I saw a white "dot" on her gum and kind of felt something poking through the other day. I had a feeling she was going to be getting a tooth soon because she chews on everything, she drools everywhere, she was being a little pill for a few days but would act fine when I gave her Motrin, etc. I haven't really noticed any advancement but it's hard to look in her mouth because when I try to pull her bottom lip down, she sticks her tongue out. And then when I try to move her tongue, she stiffens it up, and it just becomes impossible to see her gums.
Our lease is over with our apartment at the end of this month. We found an apartment in a town about 15 miles from where we live now. The rent is hundreds of dollars cheaper. Moving day is this Saturday so we have been really busy packing up everything, and our house is a wreck! And that makes it very difficult to keep Kylie out of things she isn't supposed to get into!
But this brings me to the "big news." Chris and I are separating, and Kylie, Daisy, and I are moving back to Thomasville on April 5. This isn't an appropriate place to go into the details but it's for the best for all 3 of us. We aren't getting divorced, just separating. If we do decide to get divorced, we will wait until Chris gets out of the Marines because the benefits of us staying married until then greatly outweigh getting divorced right now. Plus, we want time to figure this whole thing out and see if divorce is what needs to happen. I'm scared and nervous but I'm confident this is the right decision. So please be praying for us!
I've talked before about my whole school situation. To graduate July 4 instead of the end of September, I have to double up on classes twice. Last week was my first week taking 2 classes at the same time since the associate's degree program, and it was SO HARD. I had so much work due. The classes are only 5 weeks long so I'm really thankful for that because traditional semesters are 15 weeks long, and I'm not sure I could handle this work load for that long. Only 95 days until I'm finished...I'm so excited!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that you and Chris are separating. Hopefully this will be beneficial to both of you and things can improve from there. Sometimes all a couple needs is just a little time to themselves to think things out. It has to be stressful with a new baby and not to mention marine life.
ReplyDeletePraying for you <3
You have alot on your plate! My thoughts and prayers are with you! I hope you have a safe move! Take care!
ReplyDelete