Friday, January 13, 2012

The Countdown Is On!

I can't believe it's already almost time for Chris to be out of the Marines! It seems like not that long ago he left for boot camp. We had been married only 7 months. What a whirlwind the last almost 4 years has been. And what an experience California was! I'm thankful for the time Chris spent in the Marines because he made enough money for me to stay home with Kylie these last 18 months, and I was able to finish my degree without having to work (although I did have a part-time job for a little while). California is a beautiful place, and we were so blessed to live just a couple of miles from the ocean. Now, California beaches have nothing on Florida beaches...but they're still beautiful. I met some really great people and some not so really great people. Most of all, I learned SO much about life and about myself. It's easy to look back on Chris' time in the Marines and be sad or mad because of everything that has happened but I like to look back on situations and remember them positively.


So now we've begun the process of getting everything ready for Chris to move back and begin our lives here in Thomasville again. As of today, Chris has 86 days until his contract is over. However, he will have enough leave saved up by then to get out about 2 weeks early so he should begin his journey home in just about 72 days! I have so many different emotions running through me. I'm really excited to be able to continue working on our marriage and actually be in the same state! And I'm so excited he will be back in Kylie's life every single day instead of just through Skype everyday. I'm nervous because we are losing every bit of income we've so securely had the last 4 years. I am still looking for a job but thankfully Chris will get unemployment until he gets a job, which is great because bills still have to be paid! THANKFULLY, we are going to be able to pay off all of our credit card debt with our tax return this year and still have some money left over to put away in savings. So, we will only have the car payment, insurance, and the cell phone bill to pay. It really stinks having to basically start over after 4.5 years of marriage but everything will work out, I know it will. It's stressful but I'm trying to give it all over to God and let Him work out everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment