Monday, May 7, 2012

The Fray

The Fray has been one of my favorite bands for several years. I just love the sound of Isaac Slade's (the lead singer) voice, and they are great songwriters. In January, I saw YouTube advertising The Fray's new single "Heartbeat." I listened to it and immediately fell in love with the song. Their CD came out at the beginning of February so Chris got it for me for Valentine's Day. Soon after they released their CD, they released their tour dates...and they were coming to St. Augustine! Still a few hours away but CLOSE ENOUGH! The tickets didn't go on sale for a few weeks but I was sitting at the computer the second they went on sale, and I was able to snag 2nd row seats!

So, the concert was finally this past Friday night. Right before I got off work Friday afternoon, I started feeling sick. I was just nauseous, my tummy was hurting, and I just felt puny. But I wasn't going to miss this concert! Chris and I drove to St. Augustine about an hour after I got off work. I slept most of the way there but still felt horrible when we got to the hotel. We rested for a little bit and then went to the concert.

Dia Frampton opened up for the Fray. She was amazing! She is my age (24) and is the singer for her band with her sister and 3 guys. The Fray came on about 8:30 p.m., and the concert was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I had to sit down several times because I kept feeling like I was going to pass out but I pushed through and really enjoyed myself. After the concert, Chris and I immediately went back to the hotel and went to bed...and then he woke up a few hours later throwing up. Kylie had gotten a stomach bug just a few days before and had thrown up about 6 times during the night. So, I think she gave it to me, and then I gave it to Chris. It really sucked because I wanted us to do other things while we were in St. Augustine but we just didn't feel up to it.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the concert!

Isaac Slade and Dave Welsh

 Isaac Slade

 No zooming...we were just this close!

 They asked a couple of ladies to come up on stage
to dance for one of the songs.

 Doesn't this look like it could be in a magazine
or something?! Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment