Kylie has been getting sick so much the last couple of months. Ear infections, bronchitis, allergies, stomach bug, etc. I'm sure most of it is because her immune system just hasn't built up enough since starting daycare. I am pretty sure we should probably invest in some stock at Thomasville Family Medicine ;)
I have booked a bouncy house for Kylie's 2nd birthday. I booked it a couple of weeks ago, and you may think that 3 months in advance is a little much but the one bouncy house I really wanted was already booked for her birthday weekend! What the heck! So I booked a similar one, and the guy who owns the company said he'd let me know if the other person canceled.
I already bought the plates, cups, and napkins for her birthday, too. Again, I know it's still really early but I got a great deal! I'd been throwing around ideas for her birthday party, and I finally decided that I just wanted to do a two-color theme. The place we bought her birthday supplies from last year just happened to be having a 50% off sale on solid-colored supplies. So I got 48 plates, 100 napkins, and 48 cups for $10.50!
I am just amazed at how much Kylie is talking. She is saying more two-word phrases (like today she said "sit mommy!" for the first time). She can probably say close to 60 words now. She picks up things so quickly. Now that she is talking more, I have been teaching her more animal sounds. She only knows a couple but it's so funny listening to her try.
She has been sitting through books much longer. Currently her favorite book is Goodnight Moon, and her favorite part is when the old lady whispers "hush." Another favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham. She has been picking it out every night the past few nights, and she actually sits through the entire book.
I'm still loving my job! I get a raise on Monday because I will have officially been there 90 days (the trial period). I applied for another part-time job so I'm hoping to hear from them soon.
A young couple with a baby about 6 months younger than Kylie moved in next door to my mom's several months ago. I never really talked to them but their dog started digging under the fence between our backyards and coming over everyday. So we finally struck up a conversation other than "thanks for taking care of my dog!" They are really nice, and it's really cool to have a toddler right next door. Kylie just adores him, and they have a lot of fun playing together.
No comments:
Post a Comment