Well, 3 fish in my little 1/2 gallon or 1 gallon bowl wasn't going to suffice so I upgraded them to a 10-gallon aquarium. They seem much happier. Timmy was a little aggressive towards Wanda at first, and he nipped off quite a bit of her tail so I had to treat the water with some medication for her. Hopefully her tail will grow back. I am having such a problem keeping the water clean. I have a big enough filter, and I'm putting dechlorination and water chemistry and pH maintainer in it when I do complete or partial water changes. I have done research but I can't find much except that it will clear up on its own after a few days to a couple of weeks. I will probably just end up calling the pet store to find out because it is driving me crazy!
Well, here they are enjoying their new home...

Good luck keeping it clean! the people at the pet store told me that goldfish are super dirty and they dirty their tank faster than any of the other pet fish...i thought it would be fine. we have 4 goldfish in a 20 gallon tank and it gets so dirty and i have to clean it a lot more often than i planned! :(
ReplyDelete