Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolutions

Really, I don't usually make new year's resolutions but there are some things I'd like to do/accomplish this year so just for the heck of it, I'm making some goals for the year!

#1- Take more pictures. I mentioned this one in my last post. I think I explained pretty thoroughly why I wanted to start doing that.

#2- Lose this 20 pounds I've been wanting to lose since before I got pregnant with Kylie. I only gained 19 pounds with Kylie, and I was already 6 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight at my 4-week post-birth check-up with my OB/GYN. I've lost another 4 or 5 pounds since then but I'm just not where I want to. I'd like to lose this weight by the day I finish my last class for the bachelor's degree, which is June 20. So, just over 5 1/2 months to lose 20 pounds. That's more than reasonable, I think. If I could lose just a pound a week, I could be there in less time than that!

#3- Find a job. Chris and I have been discussing when I'll start looking for a job after I graduate. I don't want Chris to get out of the military, me wait until the last minute to look for a job, and us move back to Georgia/Florida with no income. Especially with the economy the way it is, we are thinking I should start looking for a job fairly soon after I graduate.

#4- Make better financial decisions. This may seem kind of silly but Chris and I have made our fair share of bad decisions, especially concerning purchases. In the past few months, we paid off a loan, a charge account, and 3 credit cards because we are really trying to get all our finances in order. In the next few months, we plan on "fixing" some of the bad decisions we've made the past couple of years by, for example, selling our 2-door car (our only car at the moment) and finding a cheaper place to rent. When our lease at our apartment is over at the end of March, we will have paid almost $35,000 in rent to this apartment complex and the apartment complex we lived at in 2009. It makes me sick to even think about! When we move back to Georgia/Florida, we want to have the least amount of bills possible and as much money saved as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment