We found a home for Marley! And while I'm excited because we've been looking for a new home for him for months, I'm quite sad, too. We had him for a little over a year, and we love him so much. I miss him like crazy. He was a thorn in my side and drove me nuts sometimes (just because we live in a 950 sq. ft. apartment, and he is a pretty energetic, 55-lb. dog) but he was part of our family. The only reason we wanted to rehome him was because he needs a yard. Chris and I looked all over for a rental house/condo/duplex with a yard, and almost every single place we found with a yard wouldn't allow pets. We finally found a duplex with a very nice yard that we had every intention of moving into but we were only 4 months into a 12-month lease, and our apartment complex wanted $2,000 to break the lease!
So anyway, we gave him to a family in Thomasville (a mom, dad, and son). The mom just recently lost her brother in Afghanistan. She's obviously really, really sad and thought a dog would help her get through this tough time. When we came back to California, Marley stayed with my mom so I didn't get to see him off but I know the family he went to because the son used to go to the YMCA after school when I worked there. And Chris and I know the mom's sister (who contacted me about her sister wanting Marley) and the brother that was killed in Afghanistan because we went to high school with them. They are a great family, and I know they'll love Marley just as much as we do.
No comments:
Post a Comment