Thursday, January 6, 2011
Rice Cereal
As I've said before, Kylie's new pediatrician gave us the go-ahead to start feeding her rice cereal at 4 months. I didn't feel like she was old enough/ready (after all the stuff I've read) so I didn't start her on it then. A couple of weeks ago, I tried spoon-feeding her some rice cereal, and she just wasn't ready still. She didn't open her mouth for the spoon, she spit every bit of it out, and she just didn't seem interested in it at all. I tried a few times, every few days or so, and it finally just "clicked" for her, I guess! She started opening her mouth for the spoon, closing her mouth around the spoon, making chewing motions, and swallowing the cereal. She really enjoys eating it. She makes funny faces every time she gets the cereal in her mouth but I think it's just the texture. Right now she eats it once a day, around 5:00 pm. I'm going to hold off moving forward with vegetables until after her surgery, which is January 27. She turns 6 months on January 21 so I feel comfortable with her starting vegetables after the surgery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
With both of our girls, we started at 4 months with cereal and then at 6 slow added in one fruit or vegetable at the time. It is so hard with all of the varying opinions out there. I could tell my girls were ready though because they would sit at the table while we were eating and looking like they were chewing up food;)
ReplyDelete