I got a call from the pediatric surgeon's office this morning about Kylie's surgery this Thursday.
The surgery is taking place at Rady Children's in San Diego. We have to be there at 5:30 am, and surgery will be around 7:30 am (Pacific Standard Time...just wanted to throw that in there because most of my readers are in Eastern Time Zone, and it will be 10:30 am your time). The surgery only lasts 30 minutes to an hour. Dr. Kling is going to sew up Kylie's abdominal wall on the right side of her groin and do an exploratory on the left side to see if there is a hernia on that side, and she will sew it up if there is. I think it's all done laparoscopically.
I was really worried about not being able to feed her because she SCREAMS if she's hungry and I'm taking too long to fix her a bottle or food. But we don't have to stop solids until midnight. Then from 12:00 am to 1:30 am, we can feed her formula. And from 1:30 am to 4:30 am, we can feed her clear liquids. So she only has to go about 3 hours before surgery starts without eating or drinking. Shouldn't be too bad!
Please say a little prayer Thursday (or before)! Pray for Kylie, the doctors, and the nurses. Chris and I are a little extra worried because of the breathing problems Kylie had when she was born. We've read they can be cause for concern during surgery so I'm going to talk to the nurse about it when she calls me tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment